• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pyxis Systems?

BadEnoughDudeRescueRonny

Inactive
Reaction score
Are Pyxis systems used in any portion of the CF Medical Group? I'd imagine that they're used at NDMC, but are they used beyond that? I ask because biometrics within healthcare have become the norm and quite frankly, a necessity.

Just one funny Pyxis story, I recall one night working as an ED Aide and we had a known doper hanging around one of the Pyxis machines, looking like he was up to something. An RN soon came up to the Pyxis and punched in a med request. When the one of the Pyxis' drawers opened, the doper shoved the nurse out of the way (causing me to call a Code White) and grabbed what he could in the drawer. He then bolted out of the ED before our sub-par security guards could respond. I initially figured that he grabbed some narcs, but I talked to the nurse and she looks at me with a bit of a smile and says something along the lines of "All he grabbed was a bunch of bisacodyl. Go figure. He'll be on the toilet for about as long as I'll be filling out discrepancy reports".

Not to my knowledge...maybe in the pharmacy itself, but otherwise no.

MM

BadEnoughDude said:
working as an ED Aide

You were working as an Erectile Disfunction aide ?

I thought we had pills for that nowadays  :eek:

Back