• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Purchasable Equivalent to CF Arid/Desert Sock

chris_log

Inactive
Reaction score
Nothing came up in a search, so here goes. I'm rather fond of the issued desert sock, however the system being what it is I didn't get issued enough (and likely wont in the near future) so I'm looking for a suitable supplement for them (same thickness, material etc) that I can purchase at a reasonable cost. Any suggestions?

Yes, I'd be interested too.  They were coming into the system during my last go there and I was only issued two pairs.  Would love to get more of the same type if they exist outside the system.

About the only aftermarket Arid Regions CadPat Smocks I've seen available are the Dropzone Tactical Recce Smocks but they are pricey at $449;
http://www.dropzonetactical.com/clothing/reccesmock.html

SmockArid.jpg

There are more aftermarket Temperate Woodlands CadPat smocks out there but the cloth is polyester cotton blend and is not Near Infrared treated. 

Crapgame said:
About the only aftermarket Arid Regions CadPat Smocks I've seen available........

The original poster said SOCK.......not smock.

CDN Aviator said:
The original poster said SOCK.......not smock.

:rofl:

The "smock" in the picture looks more like the raincoat.  ::)

I'm a huge fan of Wigwam socks.  I found them far superior to the issue tan sock in every way.  You pay for what you get however.

I've tried several different models (they have a huge range... kinda confusing) but I now stick with the All-terrain Hikers in tan.  Usually around $12-15 a pair.

I used to be a fan of the green/black sock system and the issue tans but now I can't let myself wear anything else but these.

http://www.wigwam.com/Products/All-Terrain-Hiker_ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=701d74de-fa96-dd11-9fb3-001d091bb843

Oh, and as to the original post, I found the Wigwams to be basically an "equivilant" to the issue tan sock.  When I had a limited rotation of wigwams I would wear the issue tan socks and it is pretty much the same fit and feel, just better.

DirtyDog said:
I'm a huge fan of Wigwam socks.  I found them far superior to the issue tan sock in every way.  You pay for what you get however.

I've tried several different models (they have a huge range... kinda confusing) but I now stick with the All-terrain Hikers in tan.  Usually around $12-15 a pair.

I used to be a fan of the green/black sock system and the issue tans but now I can't let myself wear anything else but these.

http://www.wigwam.com/Products/All-Terrain-Hiker_ProductDetails.aspx?ProductId=701d74de-fa96-dd11-9fb3-001d091bb843

Excellent, thank you. A bit more then I was looking to pay (I'm an HQ weenie, I'm not doing long hauls in my boots anytime soon), but they look nice (and in tan too  >:D). I'll see if any local stores carry them and go check 'em out.

Stacked said:
Picked up two pairs of these... Sportsmart had them  for 9.99, and buy one Get one half off.  I'll let you know how they work out.
That's a pretty sweet deal.  I've never seen them under $10.99 (for the All-Terrain Hikers).

Back