• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Protesters display terrorist flag at Calgary war memorial

ugh! damnations...I need to get on here more often...thanks logos and Zell_Dietrich

Saturday is also the day that the regiment will commemorate the battle of Walcheren Causeway.

logos said:
I will be down there for about 45 mins on my lunch break to lay flowers at the memorial. I sincerely hope there are others in the area that are not busy and can stay for longer.

Loch Sloy! said:
Saturday is also the day that the regiment will commemorate the battle of Walcheren Causeway.

I'd say that works out quite well for us, but if their rally is starting at 12 and they have a 'panel' from 1-3 at a Church more than a few blocks away from the park chances are if they march on the memorial it will be long after we're back from lunch... might even make more sense for us to spin by if we get off at a decent time. 

Did any one make it down to the memorial during the protest? I don’t know if the protesters went there or not. A buddy and I went there after our course and there was some kind of a Halloween event set up, so I don’t think the protesters had access.

Anyway I was happy to read in the paper today that there were a number of counter demonstrators there to show real support for the troops!

Back