• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

polishing gloves

Bob the builder

Inactive
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the proper way to polish your black combat gloves.. as in what should I use, and how?

Put a glove on one hand, apply polish with the other, then brush it off the same way you'd do it with combat boots. You want to get them black, but at the same time you don't want to put polish on everything you touch either so don't go crazy on the palms.

Thats what I did, and no one ever told me different.

Alternative... get black dye, use it to touch up any spots where the colour has faded. After that's dried, apply dubbin (Mink oil) all over the glove, then blow with a hair dry till it all soaks in. Repeat until the oil takes longer to soak in. They'll be nice and black, and reasonably water resistant. Do the same thing with your arctic mitts (Well, ignoring the dye part anyway).

I use vaseline on mine, in fact just got my gloves ready for winter.  It softens them just like your proctologest likes it...
(Couldn't resist)

Back