• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PER's

foerestedwarrior

Inactive
Reaction score
Any one have a copy of PERs for wepons det . In my unit we have them for say if you have a infantry sect. pte, there is a template, you just put their info on the top and you are good to go. Well the copys got corrupted, and I cant find a hard copy. This is my first time doing them for my section(wepons det).

If it helps, I have 3 cpls, and 2 ptes.

foerestedwarrior said:
Any one have a copy of PERs for wepons det .

Are you sure you aren't looking for the 1st section of the PDR?  I have never seen PERs formated, only the PDR job descriptions.

I echo Georges post, I think your refering to Part 1 of the PDR where it lists critical tasks and expected results.  We normally don't write a seperate Part 1 for the soldiers within a weapons det.  We just give them the same one we would give any soldier in a section.  The important things that a soldier would be expected to do in a Wpns Det is the same as you would expect for a riflemen in a section.

If you want a template for an infantry soldier drop me a PM and I'll show you what we use.

Now can anyone relate to me why the PDR's are not written for Pte..
I was told on my Mod 5 PLQ it was their developmental stage, so no action is taken.
Can anyone else relate themselves to this?

TN2IC said:
I was told on my Mod 5 PLQ it was their developmental stage, so no action is taken.
Can anyone else relate themselves to this?

Eh?  I'm writing PDR's for a couple PTE's as we speak, so either my whole chain of command has dropped the ball, or we DO write PDR's for pte's....

TN2IC said:
PDR's Are a quarterly assessment, Cpl's and above would receive three PDR's and would receive a PER for your last one.  And Pte' would receive only 4 PDR's

TN2IC said:
PDR's have would have your job description, also what you have accomplished, you strength, and what to improve on.  Pte do require a PDR in order to improve  there performance.

trucker00 said:
PDR's have would have your job description, also what you have accomplished, you strength, and what to improve on.  Pte do require a PDR in order to improve  there performance.

That is what I thought.. but the lesson plan on PDR's stated no. I understand your point fully and I would follow it. I am just a little confused on that issue alone. But thanks for the input.. knowledge is power.

I was also told that pte. don't get PDR's and i would agree, because Being a private is the first level they are still learing how to be a soldier and what stuff to do etc. They would get a PRE which would tell them how to improve.

I think that's how it works I'm looking for info to back me up right now

As a trained Pte, I have a PDR. Describes my duties as a detachment member and step-up to Det 2IC

The Privates that work for me get PDRs but not PERs. PERs are for meriting and since Privates don't merit..... Thats the way it has been around our Sqn since I showed up. Just my 2 cents :salute:

Canadian Sig said:
The Privates that work for me get PDRs but not PERs. PERs are for meriting and since Privates don't merit..... Thats the way it has been around our Sqn since I showed up. Just my 2 cents :salute:

yeah that sounds right i got them mixed up

Trucker and Sig are correct.  According to CFPAS, all ranks must receive PDRs.  Only Cpls to MWO and Lt to LCol receive PERs.  That being said, I have seen PERs for Ptes, particularly senior ones.  I wouldn't say that it is wrong, but it is not mandated by the policy.

PDRs allow for:

a.  The supervisor to give clear terms of reference and expectations to the individual

b.  The individual gets an opportunity to give his goals to his supervisor (this is a chance to ask for courses etc)

c.  The individual gets to give his supervisor a list of his accomplishments during the reporting period

d.  The supervisor gives feedback to the individual on his performance

e.  They both come up with a plan to improve performance/ further the individuals development

The PDR is pretty much between the individual and his supervisor, although the chain of command will review the PDR as well.  If the PDR process is followed faithfully it is a useful tool for development.  Good PDRs for a Pte from his immediate chain of command should set the stage for good professional development.  By "good" I mean honest and complete, not that the PDR must only list "good" points.  PDRs can also set the stage for future administrative action.  Time spent on PDRs is seldom wasted.

PERs go to merit boards in Ottawa and affect promotion.  PERs are a major pain (my nightmare as a Sqn 2IC) but they are very important documents.

Cheers,

2B

ugh...CFPAS....the longest and most boring presentation at unit in-clearance

Back