• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PALS webbing spacing

qjdb

Inactive
Reaction score
I have one of the older style Canadian Peacekeeper (CPGear) Modular Ruck Sacks, and I want to convert it to the PALS / MOLLE type webbing, and I have a couple of questions, which should be pretty easy for any of you who have MOLLE vests or packs to answer.

I am assuming that the webbing itself is 1" wide, yes?

Are the gaps between the webbing also 1", or are they more like 1 1/4" wide to accomodate the weaving of the straps / MALICE Clips?

How far apart is the stiching along the webbing?   As in, how wide do the 'pockets' need to be to accomodate the straps?

Please see picture (from CPGear website)

Thanks in advance.

Quentin

The ideal spacing was 1 inch from all of the gear I've owned over the years, kept the tightest hold and reduced equipment movement the best.  Alot of the gear I've seen after market lately adds a couple millimeters to make the weave easier.  If you can match the pocket webbing and the pack webbing up that's your best bet.  I may still have the specs and video from my MOLLE Gen 1 pack system I got seven or eiht years ago that goes into more detail.  I'll check it out and if I can find it I'll post details.

I'd venture that they're more like 1 1/4" or even 1 1/2 inch gaps between the webbing and for the channels themselves.

You should probably check out the "Roll Your Own" section of the Lightfighter Forum.  There are alot of good tips on how to make your own kit there.
http://lightfighter.net/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=7336015661&f=829100313

thanks for the lightfighter link, some pretty sweet homemade gear there.  I bought some 'seconds' CADPAT from Dave a while back, and have been looking for something to make with it, I think that I just got some ideas :)

Quentin

Back