• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

OUCH! My boots are killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenhorn

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Help me, I just got my combat boots last night and a friend of mine, a retired sgt major, told me to soak my boots in hot water then wear them for the day.  Well, I'm now 8 hours into that regime and the heel of the boot is digging down, the side walls feel likethey are collapsing and I think there is way too much room for my toes.  I can move them up and down with in the boot, about a centimetre.  My toes don't reach the end, cause I allowed for room to swell after marching.  Are they supposed to fit a little big?  I have tripped on the toe of them several times today.  I am used to wearing steel toed boots, and these are the same size as them.  My stores is a 45 min drive away.  Am I allowed to go into stores here at Gagetown and have them check out the problem? Or is there one? -GH

Sounds like your boots don't fit.

Question: What socks are you wearing in them? Wear the socks that you are going to wear while at work/field.

Question: Did they give you insoles to put in them?

Question: too wide? They come in "D" "E" and "F" widths (F being the widest) so you may need something narrower.

Question: too long? Smaller size.

Either way, if you find them large now...they will stretch even more so you are going to have to exchange them for something that works and is comfortable fitting.
If you are closer to us here in Gagetown than 31 Svc in St John...come into clothing stores here. Come in the back door to the special boot desk and explain your situation to the Pte or Cpl that works there. They'll make sure you have the correct socks (CTS) to wear and will have you wear them when trying on other sizes. If you still don't fit into the cbt boots...they know what to do.

Just go in and see them. PMing their names to you.

just wear your normal boot size
and break in accordingly with what ever socks your comfortable with
shine appropriately
and there ya go

cheers,,
                                          scoty

Get smaller boots is all I realy can say...I thought mine were fitting well until my first ruck march...Boy did i pay dearly...

They may be snug near the ankle and the top, but you have to make sure there isn't too much room from the toe of the boot, to your toes...It's hell

Went from 12 1/2 to 10 1/2's after the 9k C9 Ruck march on SQ...Had the worst blisters on the feet the Medic there had seen in his 13 years in...

Well, good news, I went into stores, here at Gagetown, and they sized me up.  The boots I had been given were a full size too big.  My new ones feel much better.  I didn't realize I was permitted to go into stores as a recruit as I have heard bad things about that place.  Alsa, not so much so.  The pte I spoke to waas very kind and helpful.  Thank you all for your reccomendations.  Good day mate-GH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back