• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No, prego ladies, you don't count as two...

Glorified Ape

Inactive
Reaction score
I can't believe the stupidity of this woman...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2006/01/11/fetus-carpool2006011.html

She should be fined extra for being an idiot.

She was just trying to get out of a ticket. People drive in those HOV lanes all the time....  ::)  Some get caught, some don't.

I think the judge should have accepted her argument, and then promptly cited her for child neglect and not having her child in a car seat, as required by law

Officer, you can't give me a ticket. Did you recalibrate that pregnancy test after the last use?

It doesn't have a 'right to life' yet she tried to claim it had 'a right to it's own lane'?  I love it.

Tom

TCBF said:
It doesn't have a 'right to life' yet she tried to claim it had 'a right to it's own lane'?  I love it.

Tom

Good argument, I hadn't thought of that.

i swear... If i we have to get licenses to drive, hunt, fish, shoot, boat, why cant we make it so people need one to Breed?  ???

i swear... If i we have to get licenses to drive, hunt, fish, shoot, boat, why cant we make it so people need one to Breed?

Or just take the safety labels off everything and let natural selection take its course.

Conquistador said:
Or just take the safety labels off everything and let natural selection take its course.

Heh.  Don't even joke about that, I'm getting visions of mass chaos and bodies piling up in the streets....

Conquistador said:

Darwin did have the right Idea didnt he........  ^-^

muskrat89 said:
She was just trying to get out of a ticket. People drive in those HOV lanes all the time....   ::)  Some get caught, some don't.

I think the judge should have accepted her argument, and then promptly cited her for child neglect and not having her child in a car seat, as required by law

How about that Toronto area woman lawyer who weaseled out of a moving violation because the no-left-turn sign only had the times in English and not French - despite the fact she was an Anglophone who didn't speak French?

"How about that Toronto area woman lawyer who weaseled out of a moving violation because the no-left-turn sign only had the times in English and not French - despite the fact she was an Anglophone who didn't speak French?"

Not much chance of THAT going to a higher court and ending up as a precedent.

Tom

How about that Toronto area woman lawyer who weaseled out of a moving violation because the no-left-turn sign only had the times in English and not French - despite the fact she was an Anglophone who didn't speak French?

Actually if I remember correctly it wasn't a woman but a partner at a large law firm in Toronto who had one of the new fresh-from-law-school lawyers take a look at his ticket for making a right hand turn when he couldn't, as a sort of exercise (at least thats what he guy said when interviewed on the news).  The new lawyer (a young guy around 26 I think) thought up this defense and it worked perfectly; the JP threw out the case.

I haven't heard if it had been over turned yet.

Ticket dismissals don't get appealed.  Provincial court is far to busy.  If you think the Judges make some bad decisions, you should see the donkey show that the Justice's put on every day.  I always tell people to take their tickets to court, because you have a really good chance of beating it with some stupid excuse like the prego one.  (plus the officer that shows up makes a bundle in overtime...sshhh)

I've gone to court twice for tickets, with one conviction and one dismissal.

JPs are an interesting breed, at my first 'trial' mine, while reading his judgement - he spent about 5 minutes just going over everything I said, suggested that if Medicine didn't work out I should really consider going to law school, and then found my guilty lol.

The second time I went my ticket was dismissed as the cop didn't show up.  I got that particular ticket when I was driving home from work one summer afternoon - I worked for a private ambulance service in Toronto - and was in uniform.  She asked if I was a medic and I said I was a student (just didn't mention I was a university student rather than a paramedic student), so she told me to fight the ticket as she won't show up.
9 months later she didn't show and I, along with about 20 other people, got off that morning in march...

Sheerin said:
Actually if I remember correctly it wasn't a woman but a partner at a large law firm in Toronto who had one of the new fresh-from-law-school lawyers take a look at his ticket for making a right hand turn when he couldn't, as a sort of exercise (at least thats what he guy said when interviewed on the news).  The new lawyer (a young guy around 26 I think) thought up this defense and it worked perfectly; the JP threw out the case.

I haven't heard if it had been over turned yet.

The woman was a lawyer for a large firm here in Toronto and she did get the ticket. She handed it over to a law school student articling at her firm and he's the one who found the language defence. Hasn't been overturned as yet, but the city has blown big bucks in redoing all traffic signs in both official languages.

The one that takes the cake though has to be Maggie whateverthehellhername is now, Trudeau's ex wife. She was arrested in Ottawa last year for DUI and used the Charter of Rights to beat the charge. ::)

Danjanou said:
The one that takes the cake though has to be Maggie whateverthehellhername is now, Trudeau's ex wife. She was arrested in Ottawa last year for DUI and used the Charter of Rights to beat the charge. ::)

Yeah, but you know the only reason that worked was because she was Maggie Trudeau. What a card she was.  :p

okay it was a while ago when I saw it on the news...

Well what section was she using for her charter challenge?

midgetcop said:
Yeah, but you know the only reason that worked was because she was Maggie Trudeau. What a card she was.  :p

Hey, I'm a Card. That defence of hers makes it impossible for her to be one. :D

Edited for spelling..

Card_11 said:
Hey, I'm a Card. That defence of hers makes it impossible for her to be one. :D

Edited for spelling..

Yeah, but did you party with the Rolling Stones??  ;)

midgetcop said:
Yeah, but did you party with the Rolling Stones??  ;)

Party?  Is that what you call smoking drugs and getting turned into a glazed donut?

Back