• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

No more Borden BMQ?

SoF

Inactive
Reaction score
I heard that BMQ at Borden will be moved to St.Jean pretty soon. Is this true???

I can assure you there has been no official discussion regarding BMQ in Borden moving to St Jean (CFLRS).  How did you come across this rumour?

Which is exactly why we ask people to back up their statements with fact, not rumour, or something they heard in the next shitter stall.

The fact is that currently they are doing BMQ primary naval and air reserve training in borden at them moment.  there are currently about 300 at them moment and they plan to continue until around 2007 if i rember correct.  I believe the CFLRS Borden Det can handle 3500 recruits at once... but i cant back taht one up... my memory on the article fades on certain particuliars..  But rest assued that there are air and naval reserves attending an 11week BMQ in borden as we speek.  Ive seen em with my own eyes.  :cdn:

I just heard that from someone I know. I didn't know if it was true so thats why I asked. I'm glad it's still at Borden.

Not just reserves at Borden, my wife is there for her Reg Force BMQ right now.

The BMQ courses that are running in Borden right now are Regular, not Reserve.  I believe that CFLRS has taken over the facility that the Nav Res used and they are pumping out regulars.

There's a lot of "I believe" & "I heard" in the above threads.

Unless you're involved with the school, or are intimately aware of the facts, don't post on it. We don't operate on rumour or conjecture.

Saturday night, Barrie Ontario, Internet Cafe, 1824 hours, lots of drinking, this is weekend number four of reg force BMQ at Borden. I assure you Reg force training is happening here, and will be for some time.  I'm having lots of fun, but was CB'd last night after a brutal RSM inspection.  Not a thing touched in our room and CB'd while other rooms had their beds and things ripped and they walked free last night, But thats just one more part of this experience.  Its just a big mind game.
11 weeks is soon to be 13 weeks, as to include the C-79 scope training (we still are using iron sights for the 11 week course). Anyway, there is only 2 resforce recruits out of 300 here, and they are recourses from the summer, FYI.  GTG will post more about my experienced in relevent topics when I have a chance. Good luck to those in the process, its worth it.

recceguy said:
We don't operate on rumour or conjecture.

Then it has certainly changed since my day. My sec clearance was at the "rumour" level...

spud said:
Then it has certainly changed since my day. My sec clearance was at the "rumour" level...

I was speaking of the way we try to operate on this site. There is a point about it in the guidelines also. Feel free to peruse them.

recceguy said:
I was speaking of the way we try to operate on this site. There is a point about it in the guidelines also. Feel free to peruse them.

I understand completely Recceguy, I was being facetious. One only has to read some of the postings to understand how things can be slightly/partially/mostly/completely wrong when passed from one person to the other, or from the beginning itself.  It's easier to believe someones posts then do the work to figure out if they are right or wrong.

Unfortunately people can't be stopped or zapped when they start/pass bogus information. It's human nature. And, it's stupid.

Yeah like I said to my PO tonight re the January 06 bmq might be x-nayed because of lack of participation...until I have the plane ticket in my hand and the orders to actually go there...it's all just talk talk talk...welcome to the Canadian Forces :D It's call "full flex" get used to it people

Saturday night, Barrie Ontario, Internet Cafe, 1824 hours, lots of drinking, this is weekend number four of reg force BMQ at Borden.??

Damn...back in 8317 in Cornwallis, we couldn't see the light of day outside our platoon until week 6...and we were good boys...my, how times have changed.

Back