• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

New interview schedule process

ShadyBrah

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious about the new application process, specifically the interview booking. I was told HQ(or main office?) now decides when and who to book. My question is if anybody knows how they decide, and how often? Is it similar to employment offers where they wait until they're in demand, until there's enough people?

I'm just sick of waiting already! ;) thanks ahead for replies!

ShadyBrah

Oh boy.. Well I hope I scored high enough. 2 weeks waiting is bad enough. I can't imagine months of this :p

Also, maybe this is what TSD means,but would you know if this period between test/interview is when they do the background and reference checks? Or would that come after the interview/medical?

Thanks!
ShadyBrah

ShadyBrah said:
Hey all,

Just curious about the new application process, specifically the interview booking. I was told HQ(or main office?) now decides when and who to book. My question is if anybody knows how they decide, and how often? Is it similar to employment offers where they wait until they're in demand, until there's enough people?

I'm just sick of waiting already! ;) thanks ahead for replies!

ShadyBrah
You have been barely waiting a couple of months, get used to waiting, you're joining the forces no matter if your in the application process or even serving your country its always hurry up and wait. As per the background check question, my recruiting center decided to do my Enhanced reliability screening and background check after my CFAT/TSD.

Rookie Green said:
I'm up to about six months, others a few years. Everybody's case is different, but the TSD is your personality test you should have done around the time of the CFAT.

Depending on the time the applicant applied, the TSD may not have been in effect during their initial application. Some have had their applicstions/merit listings put on hold until the TSD is complete... Some are waived. The initial roll-out was a weird period of time...

ShadyBrah said:
Oh boy.. Well I hope I scored high enough. 2 weeks waiting is bad enough. I can't imagine months of this :p

Also, maybe this is what TSD means,but would you know if this period between test/interview is when they do the background and reference checks? Or would that come after the interview/medical?

Thanks!
ShadyBrah

Dude, I waited 7 months and just got my interview date a few days ago. With the new system you're gonna wait, and 2 weeks is peanuts. The TSD should've been done with your CFAT its basically a personality test. They will probably initiated background checks shortly before you get a potential interview date, or whenever they feel like it.

Thanks all! Yes I did the TSD, just didn't know it was called that. And I'm well aware of the wait ahead, I'm just so excited as I'm sure all of you are/were. Let's hope the rest goes smooth for us all!

Thanks,
ShadyBrah

i submitted my application last august, got my first contact in January. ive completed my TSD, CFAT, Medical and interview. I've had to supplement my medical with additional information setting me back a bit but i can tell you its a lengthy process, and every step you get past is exciting but its long in between. I'm through the recruiting office in hamilton and i know my background check will be conducted once my Medical gets back again from the RMO in Ottawa. which will take another few weeks. so all i can say is find some time filler, and go for lots of runs.
also like it has been said many times, all recruiting centers do things differently so be patient, and good luck!

I'm most commenting to follow this thread because I too am curious to see how long the process takes for everyone.
I just finished the CFAT and TSD last week. The recruiting center told me that they don't know how long the process takes anymore because it's up to Ottawa but I should wait less than "too long" because of my CFAT score.
Fingers crossed it's not too long!  I'd like to go to basic in August or September.

niftynicolemarie said:
Fingers crossed it's not too long!  I'd like to go to basic in August or September.

Start looking more towards December/January/February. Not to burst your bubble, but that is a much more realistic tinmeline 

KerryBlue said:
Start looking more towards December/January/February. Not to burst your bubble, but that is a much more realistic tinmeline
Blah. Well thanks for letting me know. I'm certainly regretting not joining 7 years ago now when I had initially applied.

niftynicolemarie said:
Blah. Well thanks for letting me know. I'm certainly regretting not joining 7 years ago now when I had initially applied.

I couldn't agree more. I first applied in 2002 but was denied because of a divorce and bankruptcy... I applied again in May and was told my CFAT was still good 12 years later, (!?) and then I passed my TSD on May 23rd... So now I am 'qualified' for my 3 trade choices.

At the RC they told me that all 3 trades are hiring and have openings to be filled but they have 'no idea' how long it will take to hear back from Ottawa to schedule an interview and medical. She did say if I haven't heard anything in a month to call...

Not looking forward to the year long wait that seems to be pretty common in everyone's stories!!  :-\

Good luck!
:cdn:

The only thing that seemed to hold my application back was the fact my recruiting center decided that they should do my background checks, and all that before even scheduling me for my medical and interview, I have my fingers crossed I hear something this week as I am all clear as of last week.

AlphaBravo said:
The only thing that seemed to hold my application back was the fact my recruiting center decided that they should do my background checks, and all that before even scheduling me for my medical and interview, I have my fingers crossed I hear something this week as I am all clear as of last week.

Somehow I doubt they just decided not to do it, more likely they weren't told to process you yet or had other more pressing applicants to process. When I went for my interview they told me that they just completed the criminal/debt check on me, and had just started calling references. So maybe you will be contacted soon, or maybe they just had time and did your checks.

Well I was told right after my CFAT that they would be doing my background check and enhanced reliability screening, and I should expect getting a scheduled date when those clear. But who knows haha, I'm sort of happy they decided to do them first, that way when I do finish my medical and interview it will be less time waiting to get merit listed.

I get merit listed right after that my medical's files came back from ottawa.

Zulopol said:
I get merit listed right after that my medical files came back from ottawa.

CFRC do things differently, like for mine they did my checks first before doing anything. I am hoping to hear good news this week.

stayfrosty said:
I couldn't agree more. I first applied in 2002 but was denied because of a divorce and bankruptcy... I applied again in May and was told my CFAT was still good 12 years later, (!?) and then I passed my TSD on May 23rd... So now I am 'qualified' for my 3 trade choices.

At the RC they told me that all 3 trades are hiring and have openings to be filled but they have 'no idea' how long it will take to hear back from Ottawa to schedule an interview and medical. She did say if I haven't heard anything in a month to call...

Not looking forward to the year long wait that seems to be pretty common in everyone's stories!!  :-\

Good luck!
:cdn:

Good luck to you as well. Seems we have a long road of waiting ahead of us.
What center are you applying out of?

niftynicolemarie said:
Good luck to you as well. Seems we have a long road of waiting ahead of us.
What center are you applying out of?

Thanks! I realized I hadn't updated my signature!

I'm applying out CFRC Sudbury
Trying not to get too ahead of myself...  ;)

There is a topic specifically for this thread in application process' and examples.

Speculating and telling people 1 year is not the answer and neither is saying that it only is 2 weeks. You don't know, so don't answer the question. Everyones situation is different, I've seen people get recruited in 3 months and others 2 years.

There is no right answer, so go look at examples and go from there.

Look at my sig and you will see my thing. I'm curious about the interview and medical part. I did my CFAT and all that and they booked me that day for my medical and interview in July.

Back