• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

MOTP

The Nice Fellow

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello to all recruiters. I would like to say thank you and I appreciate to all answers. I respectfully request for help for future career plans and have a better knowledge on these topics.

Personal Bio: I am currently a high school student (gr.11) I am hoping to have a career in the medical field.

I have been told by family, friends, websites, about the Medical Officer Training Plan (MOTP). Please correct me, this is what I understand of the MOTP.

1. It is a career plan

2. The forces will cover all expenses (Tuition, books)

3. While learning, I receive a salary with benefits (Dental?)

4. I am allowed to choose the Canadian University (that has this plan) that I would like to go to.

5. I finish as a family doctor.

6. I receive a Capt. or Lt. rank? (not so sure)

7. I serve with the forces the amount of years that took me to study

This is what I know of the MOTP. Again, Please correct me of any mistakes.

This is what I would like to know and I respectfully ask for your assistance.

1. When am I eligible to join this program (Because I have heard something about Junior cadets ages 16+)

2. Am I able to specialize into a specific field, (Lets say after my service, am I able to then specialize into cardiology and become a cardiologist.)

3. The high school/university requirements

4. Physical and educational requirements

5. The salary of a officer while studying, 1st year as an officer vs experienced officer

6. The competitiveness of this program

7. Pension plan

8. Benefits of the job

9. Locations of the job

10. Will I see combat?

11. Length of educational time

12. MOTP vs going to a different course (Instead of taking MOTP, just becoming a civilian and going to university then med school, then specializing etc.)

13. Will my learning completion of just family doctor carry on if I want to specialize.

14. Will I recieve a rank salary and doctors salary? (Lets say I am a Lt. Will I have that salary plus me being a doctor?)

That is all of my questions for now. Again, thank you to all who have answered.

Most of those questions have been answered in the recruiting threads....please do a little research on your own first.....

Good day,

User "GAP" is correct that you should do a little more searching for your own answers before asking this many questions. Most of which can be found on the recruiting website. Here is a link to the medical officer occupation. http://www.forces.ca/en/job/medicalofficer-50

Additionally I will provide that for the Medical Officer Training Plan (MOTP) the minimum requirements for applicants is to already have an undergraduate degree completed and have gained admission into a recognized Canadian university medical program. 

Back