• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Mole and Thomas: living pictures formed by thousands of US soldiers

CEEBEE501

Inactive
Reaction score
A friend sent me this today, and I found it quite impressive

Englishman Arthur S Mole and his American colleague John D Thomas took these incredible pictures of thousands of soldiers forming icons of American history.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturepicturegalleries/5940073/Mole-and-Thomas-living-pictures-formed-by-thousands-of-US-soldiers.html

Maybe we could use out troops to form a Canadian icon, like a giant beaver, or maybe a big bowl of poutine?

Staff Weenie said:
Maybe we could use out troops to form a Canadian icon, like a giant beaver, or maybe a big bowl of poutine?

Or a maple leaf ;)

I seem to remember receiving an emailed forward of several more of these pictures a few years ago. I wish I knew what it was called now :(

Very neat photo.

I like the idea of having Canadian troops form a maple leaf... could be used as part of a recruiting campaign.

PMedMoe said:

And it wasn't Moe, as stated in the article:

With snow blowing around their heads and settling on their boots, more than 2,000 family members and friends of Atlantic Canadian soldiers lifted red placards over their heads hoping to form the largest human flag ever made.

Staff Weenie said:
or maybe a big bowl of poutine?

I though poutine was a ''québecissime'' thing...
Has it been canadianize ?

puzzled!

Yrys said:

puzzled!

Oh, yes.

PMedMoe said:

Thank you Moe.  I had forgotten about this one; nice to see the photo again. :)

Yrys said:

puzzled!

Poutine is almost every where across Canada.

It would be nice if beaver tail was available in the west.
http://ken.walker.name/MyRecipes/Beaver_Tails_-_Flat_Canadian_Don-88.html

Neo Cortex said:
Or a maple leaf ;)

I seem to remember receiving an emailed forward of several more of these pictures a few years ago. I wish I knew what it was called now :(

The Maple Leaf was done with RMC Cadets back in the 90s I believe.  It's the front cover of a book.

Back