• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Medal for Domestic Operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young KH said:
The solution would be to use Soldiers for such an important event that is televised to the world.

We are using Soldiers for the event. They're just mostly Reservists, a few are Regs.

There I've changed the wording. Sorry I didn't think I had to spell it out, and there was absolutely no disrespect intended towards the Reservists.

Young KH said:
The solution would be to use Regular, full time, Soldiers for such an important event that is televised to the world.

And you'll get these guys, twice daily during the summer, from where. In case you haven't been watching the news lately, we're extremley understaffed and have critical numbers we have to hold for deployment. To try and saddle the Regs with this task, with everything else they have to do, would be fiscally irresponsible and a total waste of resources.

Except for a lack of medals, which most tourists don't even pick up on, the Reservist do a fine and commendable job on the Hill. The lack of decorations is a mute point in my mind.

[quote author=recceguy link In case you haven't been watching the news lately, we're extremley understaffed and have critical numbers we have to hold for deployment. [/quote]

Yes I agree but the fault lies in the Governments choice to save money on the military by cutting it down on the number of troops to (well too little) and failing to supply it properly.

Governor General's Foot Guards and the Canadian Grenadier Guards provide Cermonial Guard soldiers on Parliament Hill. 

The Governor General's Foot Guards were founded in 1872 as a regiment of foot guards. The Canadian Grenadier Guards of Montreal date back to 1764, making it Canada's oldest militia unit.

Cocktail medal from Cyprus and a Beer drinking one from Germany, don't they make the Veterans proud.

First of all it's nice to see some one that still knows what a Gun looks like.

I as do many of the older vets realize that the people that POO POO medals such as the Cyprus or Germany medals are the people that don't have them.
There will always be people that think that the only true and deserved medals are the ones that they have and the rest were only brown noses, got lucky or were on a Holiday drinking trip.
It should be enough to know that every medal is cherished by the people that have them.

Not really. If anyone has a great interest, read all the preceding posts. If you have something that has not been covered, and is relevent, contact a Mod. At this point, nothing has changed. According to Gunner's post, it's had first reading and will have it's second when the House next sits. We'll take it up then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back