• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lost Bolt, split from Re: Gun stolen from CFB Gagetown

Cannonfodder

Inactive
Reaction score
    When I was in the First Battalion one of the troops  dropped his C-7 bolt into the laterine  before we went home to Calgary from Pre Haiti training [ we were pulled off because we were not a french unit ] .They called out a vac truck to remove the sewage and the troop had to fish it out , yum... . Bad time to have holes in your pocket .

You gotta wonder why the bolt wasn't sucked up by the truck, along with everything else? Or why a Medic would allow someone to sift around in fresh human waste. Had to fish it out? Sounds more like a fish story, but I'm sure it's verifiable. Right?

I know of a soldier that it happened to from the 1st, Recceguy.  Cannon do you recall his name....pm if ya want

Cannonfodder said:
   The troop had to fish  it out of the storage tank on the truck .

Those storage tanks on trucks are quite large.

They are large tanks! How could you "fish it out" without going for a swim???

We had someone drop a radio into the latrine once in Borden.  She ended up fishing it out herself without it being drained.  She got teased alot for a while after that.

Try sifting through a portapotty to dig every last round and piece of ammo packaging some lazy prick dumped in there.

Or going through the huge dumpster outside Gagetown's washracks the day after every phase 3/4 course comes out of the field because some other lazy pricks threw some sim cannonfire and pyro in there.  Mmmm, week old burgers and chilli that have been baking in plastic bag during the New Brunswick summer.

Stop whining about a single bolt... :eek:

Jacob said:
We had someone drop a radio into the latrine once in Borden.  She ended up fishing it out herself without it being drained.  She got teased alot for a while after that.
Because, you know, DCdts wouldn't have a fit if they found out.

If it was her own choice it would be interesting. If it was forced, then thats something else. And last time 51 lost a radio in one of those it was dropped by the WO1. And there it stayed. For the rest of the weekend, once in a while  a while a cadet would be scared when they heard voices coming up when they were taking a leak......

It was her choice.  She decided to pick it up so she didn't get in any trouble.  It spent the rest of the weekend in a plastic bag.  I'm not sure how it was handed back in though.

On my SQ course one guy dropped his gerber into the blue rocket and he had to fish that out as well

SeanPaul_031 said:
On my SQ course one guy dropped his gerber into the blue rocket and he had to fish that out as well

It is much easier, safer and healthy to fill out a Lost/ Damaged report. It's also why it's a good idea to have a lanyard on it.

Back