• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Logistics Officer - Sea [Merged]

Here's the basic outline as it currently stands for NAVRES LogO:

BMOQ = Phase 1 (year 1)
NETPO = Phase 2 (year 1)
Admin = Phase 3 pt 1 (year 2 or 3)
Fin = Phase 3 pt 2 (year 2 or 3)
OJPR = Phase 4 (2 years)

NETP-O (Naval Environment Training Programme - Officers) may be changing to something longer done with the MARS students, but you would not do the full MARS Phase 2.

BMOQ and NETP-O are done at Venture in Esquimalt. The Admin / Fin is done in Quebec. The OJPR is done at your unit.

I  have heard a very unsubstantiated whisper that LogO trg may change dramatically in the near future. The prevailing wisdom is that as LogO tends to attract more applicants who are already established in their civilian careers than other MOCs, and the two months in two succeeding summers makes it harder for these folks to attend. It's actually 3 summers when you throw in BMOQ/NETP-O.

As an example on my NETP-O we had 4 LogOs: 1 CFR, 2 mid-career professionals, and one "recruit". Not a large enough sample size to make a valid hypothesis, but it serves to illustrate my point.

"The prevailing wisdom is that as LogO tends to attract more applicants who are already established in their civilian careers than other MOCs, and the two months in two succeeding summers makes it harder for these folks to attend."

For what it's worth, my vote is with 'prevailing wisdom'.  The current Naval Reserve training cycles (two months over three or four summers) make it challenging for someone who is established in a career.  I understand that Naval Reserve roles will of necessity require many months of sea-time and there is no way around that... however it's one thing to convince your employer 'I need X months for a deployment' and another thing to get buy-in for 'I need X months for training which may or may not result in future training which may or may not result in deployments depending on my success in the role'.  In contrast, the Army PRes traiing cycles allow one to start with weekends, work up to two week mods, from there longer courses / deployments.  I wonder if the Army Reserve has a greater percentage of folks with established careers in comparison to the Naval Reserve?

Apologies for dragging this off topic, rant over,

Thank you gentlemen.

I have the same issue. I have been enrolled in as DEO Logistics officer for a naval reserve unit. I am in my mid thirties, have completed all my education up to masters and have over 13+ years of work experience. I am currently in between civilian jobs so it is the best time for me to get all my training done if possible before I get another full time position in corporate world. I have been speaking with folks at my unit to get me enrolled into LOG O courses right after bmoq if possible, it will be very difficult if not impossible to go away for two months next summer.

They don't seem to know the dates for LOG phase 3 course for this fall. If anyone of you can get those posted it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Current forecast dates are 5 Jun - 25 Jul.

You would not be able to do BMOQ/NETPO consecutively with LogO Ph3 as they run concurrently.

In that case I am not sure what I will be doing until next summer ..unless I get a civy job....is it possible to take these courses with reg forces in Borden?

Will they be giving me my comission after netpo?

biggie786 said:
Can Naval Reservists take courses with Reg force Navy?

In the broadest sense, yes.

If I understand the fullness of your question, not in this specific instance.

Is there any other courses that are useful for log o which you recommend Itake while i wait for next summer after bmoq?

The only things available are DL:

Start with the NRD OOD and then move on to:

Contract Direct With Trades;
Green Procurement;
Delegation of Authorities; and
CAFJOD - Canadian Armed Forces Junior Officer Development programme

I have been asking my recruiters about netp-o but they dont seem to know. I wanted to know if netpo is part of bmoq or is it part of mars training. Being a logo will i be staying  back after bmoq and will join mars officers or will netpo be a module in bmoq?

Go back and read reply #13. The answer is in there if you pay close attention.

Yup. I got it. Confusion is caused by the loading email received as confirmation. Which stated that only mars o will move in to mars ll  ..others will go back to home unit. Made no sense

Still have not been able to get a definitive answer from training department at my unit.

Let me check the course brique when I'm back in the office next week.

Training officer said to me last night that there is a two week netpo course for non mars officers, yet that course is not even listed in course schedule printed by navres which makes no sense as there will be more officers going through bmoq like myself who r non mars.

Wait, just wait. It's only 1 Apr. The CF moves at a glacial pace at best.

Like I said, I'll check the list tonight.

MTF

ModlrMike said:
Wait, just wait. It's only 1 Apr. The CF moves at a glacial pace at best.

Like I said, I'll check the list tonight.

MTF

Is NAVRES LogO trg done in Quebec or Borden?

Back