• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

LOGISTICS 40TH ANNIVERSARY - 1 FEB 08

Cornelius said:
Happy anniversary to the members of the largest Branch in the CF.

Mother of gawd you're early!!

I was so hoping to get the first post up --- after the Sports Day --- and the few barley sandwhichs at the festivities. I can predict that I shall be posting loaded.

And given that the Birthday is followed by the Logspeil the next week, followed by a week of me in Ottawa, and then the 3 ASG Mess Dinner the next week after that ... it shall be a lovely month of February indeed.  >:D

ArmyVern said:
Mother of gawd you're early!!

I was so hoping to get the first post up --- after the Sports Day --- and the few barley sandwhichs at the festivities. I can predict that I shall be posting loaded.

And given that the Birthday is followed by the Logspeil the next week, followed by a week of me in Ottawa, and then the 3 ASG Mess Dinner the next week after that ... it shall be a lovely month of February indeed.  >:D

Guess you ain't gonna be fit to post for awhile ;)  ;D

Happy Birthday to the branch, which, contrary to arm chair generals everywhere, is of the profession that professionals discuss, whilst we amateurs discuss tactics.

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
Happy Birthday to the branch, which, contrary to arm chair generals everywhere, is of the profession that professionals discuss, whilst we amateurs discuss tactics.

I'd be comfortable with your discussion of tactical requirements to mount a section attack against some un-named logisitical site in order to pillage it of it's "it's our stock -- not your kit" bounty.

May even be able to ante up a map or blueprint or two to assist in the prep & planning. Ask me in February.  ;)

ArmyVern said:
I'd be comfortable with your discussion of tactical requirements to mount a section attack against some un-named logisitical site in order to pillage it of it's "it's our stock -- not your kit" bounty.

May even be able to ante up a map or blueprint or two to assist in the prep & planning. Ask me in February;)
the map and blueprint IS logisitics!  That's brilliant! :D

(I'll take you up on that!)

Only trying to do my part to assist.  ;)

Happy 40th Loggies! (cue 'Wait for the Wagons')

By the way, I just went down to clothing stores at CFB Esquimalt to get my ICE kit issued. It was possibly the finest demonstration of customer service in any stores, in any country, that I've experienced in my 30-ish year military career. I was in and out in under an hour and the guy behind the counter was absolutely amazing. Got issued everything that I knew that I was entitled to, and a bunch of stuff I didn't even know was available here yet. He even made sure that if there was a brand new set of kit, that I got that vs. older used stuff. Got all my scary computer records sorted out too. Something's going right down there. I'll be writing a letter to the Base Commander about it.

daftandbarmy said:
Happy 40th Loggies! (cue 'Wait for the Wagons')

By the way, I just went down to clothing stores at CFB Esquimalt to get my ICE kit issued. It was possibly the finest demonstration of customer service in any stores, in any country, that I've experienced in my 30-ish year military career. I was in and out in under an hour and the guy behind the counter was absolutely amazing. Got issued everything that I knew that I was entitled to, and a bunch of stuff I didn't even know was available here yet. He even made sure that if there was a brand new set of kit, that I got that vs. older used stuff. Got all my scary computer records sorted out too. Something's going right down there. I'll be writing a letter to the Base Commander about it.

Please carry through on that thought.  It'll be a great shot in the arm for both the OC and WO (and consequently the troops) involved in that particular section.

So many folks remark only on their negative experiences - and forget to mention the positive experiences

On behalf of loggies everywhere (even though I'm retired, and even though I was an "unwilling" loggie) - thanks for the recognition those troops deserve.

Roy Harding said:
Please carry through on that thought.  It'll be a great shot in the arm for both the OC and WO (and consequently the troops) involved in that particular section.

So many folks remark only on their negative experiences - and forget to mention the positive experiences

On behalf of loggies everywhere (even though I'm retired, and even though I was an "unwilling" loggie) - thanks for the recognition those troops deserve.

:)

Was well served by the Ordonance & Service corps in the past and Logistics today.
Good bunch of troops.

(Everyone is permitted the occasional lousy day & when you consider that people regularly come to them, asking for kit they are not entitled to OR trying to exchange kit that is still serviceable OR trying to have written off kit that they've lost thru their own negligence OR trying to return dirty kit... their crankyness is understandable.)

Happy Birthday to Loggies everywhere

CHIMO!

As an ex-Log trade, Happy Anniversary.  I remember attending the mess dinner for the 25th Anniversary in Germany!  ;D

geo said:
Was well served by the Ordonance & Service corps in the past and Logistics today.
Good bunch of troops.

(Everyone is permitted the occasional lousy day & when you consider that people regularly come to them, asking for kit they are not entitled to OR trying to exchange kit that is still serviceable OR trying to have written off kit that they've lost thru their own negligence OR trying to return dirty kit... their crankyness is understandable.)

Happy Birthday to Loggies everywhere

CHIMO!

Or when the bus is a few mintues late..  ;)

NO DON"T - IT'S A TRAP!!!  :eek:

God help us all in February...  :-\

On THAT note... ::) ... Happy (early) 40th Anniversary to all Loggies out there.  I love this branch and I love this trade - I especially love reading Vern's posts when she's smashed.  How many Logisticians out there can boast about how they were once captured by the Airborne and survived to win a really pretty tinfoil medal fashioned from REAL cigarette foil??  Only 2 that I know of!!

Vern, stay outta poo in Ottawa and toss a rock at the St Laurent building for us lowly not-fortunate-enough-to-be-supply-manager supply techs, will ya?

BinRat55 said:
On THAT note... ::) ... Happy (early) 40th Anniversary to all Loggies out there.  I love this branch and I love this trade - I especially love reading Vern's posts when she's smashed.  How many Logisticians out there can boast about how they were once captured by the Airborne and survived to win a really pretty tinfoil medal fashioned from REAL cigarette foil??  Only 2 that I know of!!

Vern, stay outta poo in Ottawa and toss a rock at the St Laurent building for us lowly not-fortunate-enough-to-be-supply-manager supply techs, will ya?

Mother of Gawd ... I had forgotten all about that. Interesting Bn parade in the middle of the woods that turned out to be. I still have that damn thing somewhere. One of us is out now ... and she's hanging about NDHQ consulting. LOL. I guess you could kind of equate that as continuing in the POW traditions.  >:D

We made an awesome escape the first time -- I'm not about to get cornered again ... ie: the "lowly not-fortunate-enough-to-be-supply-manager supply techs" -- you can have it!! I'm staying as far away from that place as possible.

I'm strictly "Asticou" in February -- I will come no nearer than 5 blocks to that place you have mentioned ... unless it's after hours ... and barley is involved.

Back