• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Liberal Minority Government 2021 - ????

This is funny.

Feds cut funding for anti-racism project over 'vile' tweets

Liberals hire some racist guy for an anti-racism project. $133K

Racist guy makes racist comments and gets fired.

Surprised Pikachu face Diversity Minister Ahmed Hussen "calls on CMAC, an organization claiming to fight racism and hate in Canada to answer to how they came to hire Laith Marouf, and how they plan on rectifying the situation given the nature of his antisemitic and xenophobic comments.”

Diversity Minister Ahmed Hussen doesn't realize CMAC is apparently operated by 2 people, Mr Racist and his wife.

Some gem quotes from the anti-racisim organization that the government hired.

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

So, GoC: convince me you don't make decisions based on names and titles that sound pleasing.

It shows you the bar the government sets for giving out money.

$133,000,00 to a company and they didn't:
-bother checking the organization's background and history
-do a quick OSINT check on their "CEOs" social media

No wonder there are billions of dollars that's unaccounted for.

There are some people that want to give this government another term. Think about that!
Yes. +30% of the country look at Skippy pandering to the deplorables and think better the devil they know than the devil they don't.
Is this a surprise to you?

Yes. +30% of the country look at Skippy pandering to the deplorables and think better the devil they know than the devil they don't.
Is this a surprise to you?

+30% of the country shouldn't be allowed to govern anything. That's the bigger problem

Side question:

Lets say the PM approaches the GG and has parliament dissolved. What happens during that following electoral campaign if lets say a major war or something breaks out. Can the GG recall the previous parliament ? Hows does that work ?

+30% of the country shouldn't be allowed to govern anything. That's the bigger problem

Side question:

Lets say the PM approaches the GG and has parliament dissolved. What happens during that following electoral campaign if lets say a major war or something breaks out. Can the GG recall the previous parliament ? Hows does that work ?
Technically, under the concept of Royal perogative, the Crown can appoint any party and its leader to form a government. Conversely, the Crown also has the Royal prerogative to refuse dissolution or prorogation if advised as such by the Privy Council and it's deemed constitutional.

A lot of people pass off the GG as a ceremonial position, however, they wield a large amount of power politically if push came to shove. It's just by luck or happenstance that we have never had to see that power exercised.

The current political climate in Canada, and the past 6 years of turmoil south of the border are a couple of reasons I remain a staunch monarchist.

Technically, under the concept of Royal perogative, the Crown can appoint any party and its leader to form a government. Conversely, the Crown also has the Royal prerogative to refuse dissolution or prorogation if advised as such by the Privy Council and it's deemed constitutional.

A lot of people pass off the GG as a ceremonial position, however, they wield a large amount of power politically if push came to shove. It's just by luck or happenstance that we have never had to see that power exercised.

The current political climate in Canada, and the past 6 years of turmoil south of the border are a couple of reasons I remain a staunch monarchist.

My last derail.

So in a state of national emergency during an electoral campaign the GG would likely recall/appoint the dissolved HOC/Parliament and send them to work ?

In an election, Parliament (or the lower house of Parliament to be precise) is dissolved. That is the legislative branch of government.

In our system there is always an executive branch in place: The Queen/GG and her privy council. Dissolution of Parliament does not terminate the PM or his "governement" (meaning all the Ministers and only the Ministers, plus the permanent government made of all the public servants), who remains in place fully capable of acting at any time during the dissolution and until the GG/Queen asks someone else to form a government, at which point a takeover occurs at the moment the new PM and Ministers are sworn in. This executive branch can act within all the Crown's prerogative (such as declaring war) and all the powers as otherwise limited by laws that are in effect. There is little the executive cannot do while Parliament is dissolved. The Conduct Guidelines mentionned above are just that: guidelines.

In an election, Parliament (or the lower house of Parliament to be precise) is dissolved. That is the legislative branch of government.

In our system there is always an executive branch in place: The Queen/GG and her privy council. Dissolution of Parliament does not terminate the PM or his "governement" (meaning all the Ministers and only the Ministers, plus the permanent government made of all the public servants), who remains in place fully capable of acting at any time during the dissolution and until the GG/Queen asks someone else to form a government, at which point a takeover occurs at the moment the new PM and Ministers are sworn in. This executive branch can act within all the Crown's prerogative (such as declaring war) and all the powers as otherwise limited by laws that are in effect. There is little the executive cannot do while Parliament is dissolved. The Conduct Guidelines mentionned above are just that: guidelines.
Most recently exemplified by Trudeau's ratification of Sweden/Finland NATO accession independently of Parliament.

It’s behind a paywall, but the Toronto Red Star is reporting Trudeau has announced he’s sticking around for the next election.

Looks like he wants to add Pollievre’s head to his Tory leader collection.

It’s behind a paywall, but the Toronto Red Star is reporting Trudeau has announced he’s sticking around for the next election.

Excellent news! Hopefully his overweening ego will drag them all down to an ignominius defeat, and their stooges in the NDP too ;)

IMPRESSIONS OF PM TRUDEAU

This survey finds 51% offering a negative view of Justin Trudeau, which is the highest number we have recorded since 2015. Today 31% have a positive impression of Mr. Trudeau, which is also the lowest number we’ve recorded.

1662600753759.png

Trudeau is really flirting with chance. A majority government to a minority government to another minority government should be a clue to him.

In my opinion, if he had half a brain he would tell everyone "I have done a great job but alas I am to step down...blah, blah"

Never mind all the blatant stupid moves Trudeau has made in his 7 years, when Canadians struggle to pay for rent, food and gas, they get into a whole new level of grumpy.

I think he will experience the Wynne effect.

Trudeau is really flirting with chance. A majority government to a minority government to another minority government should be a clue to him.

In my opinion, if he had half a brain he would tell everyone "I have done a great job but alas I am to step down...blah, blah"

Never mind all the blatant stupid moves Trudeau has made in his 7 years, when Canadians struggle to pay for rent, food and gas, they get into a whole new level of grumpy.

I think he will experience the Wynne effect.

I still have faith Ont and Que will with a small push from the Maritimes will ensure our vaunted leader keeps his gov.

I think Trudeau sees himself as the guardian from on high holding back some Mongol hoard.

I still have faith Ont and Que will with a small push from the Maritimes will ensure our vaunted leader keeps his gov.

I think Trudeau sees himself as the guardian from on high holding back some Mongol hoard.
Not quite.

There are a lot of folks in Toronto and Montreal that make a lot of money investing in real estate and oil and gas. Both of those items are now bleeding profit like crazy, but the Green Shift economy hasn't materialized to replace it.

The cost of living in those areas is seeing more and more folks either leave entirely or suffer hard with no economic growth. That will cause the voting pool to shift to other ridings, and also cause traditionally liberal voters who could leave to want a change.

All is not well in the kingdom, but no one has the guts to tell the Prince its time to quit while you're ahead

I'm not sure how Trudeau sees himself, but I am 99.99% sure that literally millions of Canadians - not all of the 5.5 million who voted Liberal in 2021, but a lot of them - really fear a Tory government. There are two problems that I see:

1. while the progressive media has not tempered its attacks on the Conservatives, fewer and fewer Canadians are paying attention; and​
2. despite relentless media attacks, both Andrew Scheer and Erin O'Toole gathered more votes, albeit much, much less efficiently, that did Prime Minister Trudeau in 2019 and 2021.​

Both those issues are big problem for the Liberal Party.

A bigger problem is the Andrew Leslie effect - fewer and fewer good Liberals (and unlike some of my friends, I think there are quite a few) are willing to stand for election because of, inter alia, "ethical things." The Trudeau brand is tainted and this time it goes well beyond prairie populist discontent.

Another problem is that I think that Canadians, about 30 years ago, decided that eight to 10 years is the unwritten but generally accepted "term limit" for any prime minister. If Prime Minister Trudeau is serious about running in the next election then he will do so just as his "best-before-date" is about to come up.

My guess is that many Canadians, including many progressive and even some Liberal Canadians, are just tired of Justin Trudeau and their political ennui will outweigh their distaste for the Conservatives.

I see this looking a lot like the 2016 US election: two deeply unpopular leaders which I think means it’s anybody’s race. While the Tories seem fired up about Pollievre, persuadable voters Tories need to win over are less sold. You know the vaunted Liberal war room will publicize every piece of Pollievre baggage there is to make these persuadables think twice.

Add to that Trudeau is getting long in the tooth and being exposed as being in over his head, his victory isn’t assured either. His only saving grace is being “the devil you know”, which can be good enough.

I see this looking a lot like the 2016 US election: two deeply unpopular leaders which I think means it’s anybody’s race. While the Tories seem fired up about Pollievre, persuadable voters Tories need to win over are less sold. You know the vaunted Liberal war room will publicize every piece of Pollievre baggage there is to make these persuadables think twice. Add to that Trudeau is getting long in the tooth and being exposed as being in over his head, his victory isn’t assured either. His only saving grace is being “the devil you know”, which can be good enough.

The only benefit to another Trudeau term will be the acceleration of Western Canadian autonomy.

Back