• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Lesson Plans

Pte_Martin

Inactive
Reaction score
currently I'm on PLQ and i have to make up a drill lesson plan and i'm doing shoulder arms from the port. I was wondering if someone could email or post me a full drill lesson that they have that way i know what to say at the begining. They neverĀ  gave us a sample sheet of a drilll lesson

March in. Call marker. Remainder, fall in

Right Dress

From the right, number.

Stand at ease, stand easy. Good afternoon, I'm CPL Bloggins and for the next 40 min we'll be covering shoulder arms from the port. Before we get to that, we'll review your previous lesson, shoulder arms and order arms. Steady up.

Attention.

Review shoulder/order arms for 3 or 4 minutes. Jack them up.

Stand at easy, stand easy. "Good. As I said, what you will learn in the next 40 min is _________. Why you need to know this is _________ (be creative). Where you will use this is anytime ____________. (Control Statement:) Don't be looking around, pay attention to my demonstrations. (Test:) There will be a practial test at the end of the lesson as well as you will be assessed throughout your military career. Questions?"

Attention.

Demonstrate full movement. Explain full movement. Demo squad 1, explain squad 1, CIC.. etc..

Is that good enough? There are no real "lesson plans" for drill. There is a pam telling you how to do it (if you don't know already..) and then there's a set formula you need to follow.

Once more:

Here is the CFP 201, Drill and Ceremonial. Everything you need to know from conduct of a drill lesson, to all the movements, are contained herein. It is the Drill Bible, not to be deviated from. Do it just like it says.

It's a 12.4 Meg download, hope you got highspeed.

http://142.59.159.170/pams/cfp201_b.pdf

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

Are there any recommendations for how lesson plan should look like for a Load/Ready/Unload/Make Safe class?

Apologies for bumping an old thread.

Are there any recommendations for how lesson plan should look like for a Load/Ready/Unload/Make Safe class?
Do you have access to the weapons pam? It is written as a lesson plan. You just have to add in the margin how long you want to spend on each Main Teaching Point.

Do you have access to the weapons pam? It is written as a lesson plan. You just have to add in the margin how long you want to spend on each Main Teaching Point.
I'm not on the DWAN at the moment. I wrote up a script in Word describing the actions with the standard introduction.

I've heard it's better to write your own lesson plan than just copying the PAM.

This is for a pre-PLQ class, so I'm not being assessed or anything. I'm open to any points on how to run a class as well.

Reactions: ueo
I've heard it's better to write your own lesson plan than just copying the PAM.

This is for a pre-PLQ class, so I'm not being assessed or anything. I'm open to any points on how to run a class as well.
Just some general points.

1. Know the subject matter. It may seem obvious but knowing the material being taught and practicing it as per the weapons manual. That means doing the drill correctly and knowing the correct terms for the parts. This is a common problem people have if they have not touched the weapons system in a while, such as C9 if you have not used one in a couple of years.

2. When you are doing the EDI (Explain, Demonstrate, Imitate) break it into small chunks of information. For example, when teaching the function test EXPLAIN "Cock the rifle. With the selector lever at "S". attempt to fire the rifle. It should not fire". DEMONSTRATE "Like this" (do the drill). Imitate "do that now" You want to break it down vice explaining the whole drill (testing on safe, then repetition, and then auto) demonstrating the complete drill and having them do it completely. Once they have done it step by step then you can combine the steps into one fluid drill.

3. For weapons classes remember safety, ensure you do safety precautions at the start and end of class, remember the state of the weapon when you are moving around the class. If they are loaded don't walk in front of them, that sort of thing.

4. Practice. practice the lesson a few times prior to teaching, to ensure you know the material and to see how long it will take for each stage of the lesson. For the PLQ the students will know the info right away, when teaching actual recruits it sometimes takes a while for them to understand the drills.

Back