• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leopard C2

Schütze

Inactive
Reaction score
Leopard C2

Which side of the turret is the secondary C6 MG usually located? Crew Commanders, or the Loaders?

:army:

Using my google-fu.....................

the answer would be:

One is mounted inside the turret and another can be mounted externally on either the commander's or the loader's station.

Thanks Spring_bok...
   Who decides where the MG is located? CC, Corps...?

:army:

Generally it is a Squadron SOP (standard operating procedure).  Initially deployed tanks actually mounted two MGs externally but  most CC's don't use them so generally loaders have them.  As noted by RbD... CC are usually too busy to be interested in their MGs

Matt

SOP....loader has it as the CC has too much to do as is.

Regards

;D

.........................and usually the Loader is too busy loading the Main Gun, ejecting 105 casings out the Pistol Port, and keeping the Co-ax operating and link bag 'clear' of jams...........so.................It will depend on the "Threat" as to when it will be used and where it is mounted.  Sometimes it is stored inside the turret, as a quick replacement for the Co-ax in emergencies.

George Wallace said:
;D

.........................and usually the Loader is too busy loading the Main Gun, ejecting 105 casings out the Pistol Port, and keeping the Co-ax operating and link bag 'clear' of jams...........so.................It will depend on the "Threat" as to when it will be used and where it is mounted.  Sometimes it is stored inside the turret, as a quick replacement for the Co-ax in emergencies.

There are no pistol ports in theater. Ak aks are mounted outside...no casings for 120mm...don't worry, he's a busy guy though.

Regards

There is no cartridge case like the 105mm had since the 120mm cartridge is mostly combustible. There is a stub cartridge case and the primer remains after firing. What do they do with these after firing?

Recce By Death said:
There are no pistol ports in theater. Ak aks are mounted outside...no casings for 120mm...don't worry, he's a busy guy though.

Regards

We are talking Leo 1 C2 here, not Leo 2  >:D

The C2 does not have a pistol port when deployed.  Also the C2 has an additional MG stowed in the turret.

Spring_bok said:
The C2 does not have a pistol port when deployed.  Also the C2 has an additional MG stowed in the turret.

Well.....Technically it does.  It is just useless, as it is obstructed by the bolt on armour.

And are you saying that it now carries 3 C-6?

@ ammocat:

All casings / stubs are kept with the vehicle until they return to a safe location.

Hey...

So take it that both the CC and the loader are both trained to use MGs? An answer would be helpful!

How would that answer be helpful?  I mean, it's not rocket science, but really how would it be "helpful" for you to know.

I mean you do have only a single post and no profile info.  I'm pretty sure if you read about what certain trades do for basic training you'll find that pretty much everyone can use an MG but I'll let you do some searching to find out if it's true or not...

Feuertaufe said:
Hey...

So take it that both the CC and the loader are both trained to use MGs? An answer would be helpful!

???

Really!  Have you been here before?

(I also notice that this was a "Post 'N Run on the part of Feuertaufe, who may also be a multiple account holder looking for a stiff WARNING.)

Feuertaufe said:
Hey...

Give your head a shake.... that is all....

"Baptism of Fire"
How on earth would it be helpful to know THAT? 

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
"Baptism of Fire"
How on earth would it be helpful to know THAT? 

And I thought she was a "Redhead".  Kids these days.  ::)

Back