• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Leave question

catalyst

Reaction score
Perhaps somebody could explain this to me -

I'm on a class B contract of over 180 days.

I will be proceeding on TD for 69 days (Cadet Summer Trg Center).

I'm trying to find out if I have an entitlement 2 days leave before my TD, specifically whether TD of that length counts as an 'incremental tasking' or not.

According to the CF Leave Manual, it is at the discretion of your CO.

IF serving away from home on duty for operations, training exercises, career courses or incremental taskings within Canada for…31 days or more

THEN the following amount of Special Leave (Relocation) may be granted by the CO…2 days pre-deployment granted prior to departure - 2 days post-deployment granted immediately upon return

Note the word may.

2 days leave for every 30 served, while on class B.  Leave must be used before the end of the contract, unless you are being employed in such a way that does not allow for leave to be taken.  IE.  course.  In which case the contract will be extended to allow for the leave days.  For example:  You are on your QL3 for 90 days.  The course does not allow for leave during.  Your contract should be extended by 6 days to compensate. 

Now having said that, the person paying the contract for that crse my say no any contract extensions. 

Disregard.  I misunderstood what was being asked.  Sorry.

A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001, Ch 5 Art 5.1.02 - Unless otherwise directed, Special Leave applies to members of the Regular Force and Reserve Force members on Class “B” or “C” service.

Chapter 5, Section 5.11 Table 2 (Pt 1) - IF serving away from home on duty for operations, training exercises, career courses or incremental taskings
within Canada for… 31 days or more: 2 days pre-deployment granted prior to departure
2 days post-deployment granted immediately upon return

Caveat - ...the following amount of Special Leave (Relocation) may be granted by the CO…

BinRat55 said:
A-PP-005-LVE/AG-001, Ch 5 Art 5.1.02 - Unless otherwise directed, Special Leave applies to members of the Regular Force and Reserve Force members on Class “B” or “C” service.

Chapter 5, Section 5.11 Table 2 (Pt 1) - IF serving away from home on duty for operations, training exercises, career courses or incremental taskings
within Canada for… 31 days or more: 2 days pre-deployment granted prior to departure
2 days post-deployment granted immediately upon return

Caveat - ...the following amount of Special Leave (Relocation) may be granted by the CO…

Which is pretty much what I said.  ;)

Back