• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Just wondering

Fry

Inactive
Reaction score
Is hockey a popular sport to play across all of the CFB's?

Fry said:
Is hockey a popular sport to play across all of the CFB's?

YES...best way to get promoted is to be a hockey player.

awesome, I'm a crazy hockey freak, both fan and player. From what I can pick out of everything, and I hope this is the case, the Armed Forces seems much more team oriented, than I had expected.  I was in cadets and left after several years, due to a problem within the squadron, but I got to stay on base a few times, and liked the experience. It's just that the problem within the squadron kinda turned me away from joining the forces when I first came out of highschool. Now with 2 years of university under my belt, and a strong hunger for challenge and excitement, I am soon about to make the long drive to the recruitment office and enroll.

I've read that there's usually an hour of running / pushups / jumping jacks / other misc PT stuff, but is the morning the usual time that'll take place? Or will they have us running anytime of the day or night? I ask this  not because I'm unfit, but because of how much I think I should train (Cardio wise). I know this is a stupid question, and that I should be going all out training right now... and I am... arg to my rambling, lol.

Fry said:
awesome, I'm a crazy hockey freak, both fan and player. From what I can pick out of everything, and I hope this is the case, the Armed Forces seems much more team oriented, than I had expected.   I was in cadets and left after several years, due to a problem within the squadron, but I got to stay on base a few times, and liked the experience. It's just that the problem within the squadron kinda turned me away from joining the forces when I first came out of highschool. Now with 2 years of university under my belt, and a strong hunger for challenge and excitement, I am soon about to make the long drive to the recruitment office and enroll.

I've read that there's usually an hour of running / pushups / jumping jacks / other misc PT stuff, but is the morning the usual time that'll take place? Or will they have us running anytime of the day or night? I ask this   not because I'm unfit, but because of how much I think I should train (Cardio wise). I know this is a stupid question, and that I should be going all out training right now... and I am... arg to my rambling, lol.

Just remember, you could get hurt or potentialy killed playing hockey........ ;D

LoL, you crack me up aesop... haha I'lll never live this one down eh? 8)

I hope so......Im from Toronto and we always saw the boys go to Chesswood Arena and play and they are from local regiments...thats what they told us when we asked them.Im a goalie of 10 odd years and I would love to play hockey with some of the regiments or create a tournament if such doesnt exist that would be great. There is a Moderator on here whos picture I saw with a silver mask...I plan to say hi when I get a chance. But how does it work if I have to leave Toronto...can I take my gear ?. Thats after I graduate....for now its reserves for me.  :cdn:

Back