• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

IT's ABOUT TIME!!! GOT THE CALL!

Soon enough we'll be getting our calls and be able to make topics saying the same.. soon enough

Thats good news spctr, Im going for the aug 30 BMq

Why would they reject you for depression if it was in the past?

SeanPaul_031 said:
Thats good news spctr, Im going for the aug 30 BMq

Why would they reject you for depression if it was in the past?

I had the depression a couple years before I first applied, but my doctor at the time in all his wisdom prescribed
continuous medication for me, "just in case" since there were no significant side affects for the pills.  Basically the
same idea as an apple a day keeps the doctor away, well two pills per day ensures I would never have depression
again.  Of course, I stopped taking the medication as soon as I applied, but insufficient time had passed with no
medication for me to be approved.  As a side note for those who have had or have depression, I found that as soon
as I started a physical training program (running in morning, joining Karate, etc.) the affects of depression completely
disappeared and I felt great.  I wish my doctor had prescribed excersise rather than pills, it works a lot better!  Needless
to say, I now have a new doctor.      :D

I hope some of the people who have asked about depression on these forums before hear my story, it will give them
hope!

Spctr said:
I had the depression a couple years before I first applied, but my doctor at the time in all his wisdom prescribed
continuous medication for me, "just in case" since there were no significant side affects for the pills.   Basically the
same idea as an apple a day keeps the doctor away, well two pills per day ensures I would never have depression
again.   Of course, I stopped taking the medication as soon as I applied, but insufficient time had passed with no
medication for me to be approved.   As a side note for those who have had or have depression, I found that as soon
as I started a physical training program (running in morning, joining Karate, etc.) the affects of depression completely
disappeared and I felt great.   I wish my doctor had prescribed excersise rather than pills, it works a lot better!   Needless
to say, I now have a new doctor.       :D

I hope some of the people who have asked about depression on these forums before hear my story, it will give them
hope!

I know it has given me hope. I will be med free and so far symptom free in November, so that is when my application is going in.

I agree with you in regards to the exercise. I also tend to think that anti-depressant are over prescribed but I guess I will save that for another time and/or place.

Spctr that's awesome. Too many doctors in the pill popping society of ours hand out medication like it's halloween candy, it's great you found a viable solution that's healthy instead of just downing meds

I got the call today, (Tuesday June 21, 2005) well i called them.  But unfortunately i will not be going to BMQ this summer, its full, so now what, i sit and wait tell September for my unit to open again.  I have decided to take the fall/winter training for BMQ (the weekender) then come summer i can take other courses.  I have read lots about what you guys have said about the weekend course (not good things) I just believe i rather do something than nothing.  i will have my chance at the "whole experience" once i take SQ or other courses I'm sure!  The only thing is i hope that the weekend BMQ isn't too far away!  As I have to travel 2 hours one way just to get to my units base in Kamloops!

But I'm IN and thats what counts.  my Warrant Marshal said that I could come down when ever to do my swearing in.

Congratulations! Although it's too bad you won't be going to BMQ this summer. It sucks, I know because I am in the same boat as you! :'( But, I do agree with you on the weekend BMQ thing, I to would rather do something as opposed to nothing or close to nothing.

Anyways, congrats again and Good Luck!

congratulations! I got the 'official' call today and I'm getting sworn in tomorrow and most likely leaving this weekend for the June 28 bmq in Borden. That is to be confirmed tomorrow.

It's too bad that you missed the summer bmq, but like you say, at least your in! Way to go!

Finally after 4 1/2 months I get the call to be sworn in. Damn does it feel great or what. See ya all in Borden in the summer.

You should be going earlier than the summer, if you're getting sworn in soon!

Well I can't go in January cuz it cuts into my school exams ( I'll have to ask if I can write them a few days earlier ) but if BMQ runs in April I'll try to get into that. If I do BMQ in April is it possible to do the Sea Environmental Course in Summer?

You get a choice? I didn't think you got a choice on when you go to BMQ, I thought  they just put you on one

Back