• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ISSP

markppcli

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
ISSP 2.0 has begun its roll out. ATAK phones and Harris personal radios should mean more user adoption. While I’m not 100 percent a fan of the load carriage solution, it’s at least on par with what soldiers have felt pressured to provide for themselves.

Attachments

• IMG_0626.jpeg
    IMG_0626.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0627.jpeg
    IMG_0627.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 31
ISSP 2.0 has begun its roll out. ATAK phones and Harris personal radios should mean more user adoption. While I’m not 100 percent a fan of the load carriage solution, it’s at least on par with what soldiers have felt pressured to provide for themselves.
I saw the concept in 2013 at GDLS-C. I received the updatw brief thisbpast year with where they were going with it now in 2.0.

Night and day comparison and it's going to be a good system of use. Where we might fall down is in user adoption, in that our infantry and armoured corps are some of the most technologically advoidant organizations in NATO.

I saw the concept in 2013 at GDLS-C. I received the updatw brief thisbpast year with where they were going with it now in 2.0.

Night and day comparison and it's going to be a good system of use. Where we might fall down is in user adoption, in that our infantry and armoured corps are some of the most technologically advoidant organizations in NATO.
Problem solved - we don't buy enough, so units will only have it every third year or so, so they'll never become comfortable or proficient, permitting then to continue to ignore technological advances.

Problem solved - we don't buy enough, so units will only have it every third year or so, so they'll never become comfortable or proficient, permitting then to continue to ignore technological advances.
Well if my artillery regiment can have a sea can full of them then I don’t think that’ll be an issue.

Big time, going from a proprietary blue force tracker running on what’s essentially a palm pilot to ATAK on an S20 tactical is a quantum leap.

Fully agree about the adoption, we have some serious dinosaurs who think they understand just enough about EW to limit use. A big problem will be that the initial product was so bad getting units to see the positives will be tough. That being said having active hearing protection as part of the kit will be a huge selling point, and every single person from an infantry unit that I show ATAK too acts like I’m showing them black magic.

Are those the non-type 1 Harris personal radios?

Are those the non-type 1 Harris personal radios?
I think so ? I’m hoping to get a better look at the whole kit in the near future. Specifically the head sets they come with.

As an aside the fact that the Canadian Army isn’t pushing this stuff on social media as a “good news troops kit is coming” is a prime example of a) poor communications and b) not understanding troops.

I think so ? I’m hoping to get a better look at the whole kit in the near future. Specifically the head sets they come with.

As an aside the fact that the Canadian Army isn’t pushing this stuff on social media as a “good news troops kit is coming” is a prime example of a) poor communications and b) not understanding troops.
I’m not sure the CA controls its social media or public comms. I thought it was all under the PA umbrella.

Maybe they know that the rollout will be cancelled, and all units withdrawn, in the near future so don't want to look dumb by bragging about it now ;)

I’m not sure the CA controls its social media or public comms. I thought it was all under the PA umbrella.
That would be odd to me, if their social media didn’t fall under some kind of CA staff position.

That would be odd to me, if their social media didn’t fall under some kind of CA staff position.
Long story short: You're both right.

There are PA staff in the Army HQ, but they report officially to ADM PA.

The theory is to prevent fratricide in messaging (ensure common CAF /DND messaging, not losing things due to another DND/CAF big thing being pushed out at the same time, ensure that various GoC policies etc are respected).

And then every once in a while you end up with a unicorn who prances free, then disappears - like the now disappeared CAF In US twitter account.

Anyone get hands on with the headsets yet?
Do they integrate with the helmets well?

Any idea if the DICE helmets and these headsets will come with ARC adapters so that they can be integrated with the DICE helmet rails.

Be nice if all the DICE came with active hearing protection that could be plugged into the Comms gear.

Anyone get hands on with the headsets yet?
Do they integrate with the helmets well?

Any idea if the DICE helmets and these headsets will come with ARC adapters so that they can be integrated with the DICE helmet rails.

Be nice if all the DICE came with active hearing protection that could be plugged into the Comms gear.

I’m going to a train the trainer thing first week of December I’ll let you know. I’d be surprised if they came with adapters just because the scale of issue will likely exceed the issue of DICE.

The one I saw had it all. Integrated hearing pro with integral comms lino.

The one I saw had it all. Integrated hearing pro with integral comms lino.
The ISSP or the DICE helmet?

ISSP has the ear pro with Comms but I don’t see it having the ability to clip on to the DICE rails. I’m also curious how well the ISSP headset works with the helmet given it seems to be an over the top headband.

Will Reserve Units get some too?

As always, there will be 'fit for purpose' products issued to the Reserves ;)

Season 5 Wine GIF by New Girl

The ISSP or the DICE helmet?

ISSP has the ear pro with Comms but I don’t see it having the ability to clip on to the DICE rails. I’m also curious how well the ISSP headset works with the helmet given it seems to be an over the top headband.
They’re getting invisio T7s. I’ll be surprised if they include rail mounts for helmets. A) because they will frankly rightly not want to encourage the infantry to modify them, B) because it’s more expensive to include both, and C) while mounting your comms direct to your helmet has some advantages for sure, it’s also kind of a pain in the dick to have to throw your helmet on and connect to the ptt every time you want to test your comms.

Will Reserve Units get some too?

Doubt it. The roll out is on going and I have no idea what the numbers look like. I think / hope they don’t be giving an EUD to every rifleman unless the goal is to crash a tac server through phallic drawings loading simultaneously. Not to be dismissive of guys, but that was the first thing our guys did when we had the tablets in the LAVs for Latvia.

Quantities, as I understand it, are sufficient to equip high readiness formations, but not the whole army (Reg or Res).

Back