• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Israel and oil

Ex-Dragoon

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Seeing how Israel does not have its own big oild reserves or a lot of them. Who supplies the Jewish State with oil? I was thinking maybe the US but would that not cut into their reserves?

Mexico and Egypt I believe.

*edit* Yup, with some others.

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/eastmed.html

A relevant question is : why isn't Israel the world leader in renewable energy?

Joaquim, a concerned civilian.

Boy, talk about not knowing....It never came onto my radar until you posted that link and I sat down and read most of it...super interesting, but, I have a problem.

No where in the middle east is anybody doing any searching for ....wait for it......Maple Syrup.  :)  Oh well, I'll get over it

I knew they had a few wells going, but found the article very interesting, just imagine how well off the Pals could be if they signed a long term ceasefire with Israel. The NG field off of Gaza could be tapped into a power generation plant selling power back to Israel and they could agree to have a oil terminal pass through both Palestinian and Israeli territories, giving both side revenue. In 1-2 generations the standard of living in Gaza and the West bank would shoot up past most of the ME and the Israelis would want to deal with them.

sigh....  :(

Colin P said:
I knew they had a few wells going, but found the article very interesting, just imagine how well off the Pals could be if they signed a long term ceasefire with Israel. The NG field off of Gaza could be tapped into a power generation plant selling power back to Israel and they could agree to have a oil terminal pass through both Palestinian and Israeli territories, giving both side revenue. In 1-2 generations the standard of living in Gaza and the West bank would shoot up past most of the ME and the Israelis would want to deal with them.
sigh....  :(

More importantly, the Palestinians would not be so inclined to initiate and perpetuate intifada, etc. When you have something to lose, it makes it a whole lot harder to decide to strike out, know retaliation will come.

joaquim said:
A relevant question is : why isn't Israel the world leader in renewable energy?

Joaquim, a concerned civilian.

Is this a joke, or is the lack of feesable renewable energy just one more thing to blame Israel for?
Israel does not worry about alternate sources of energy because they are too small to make a significant difference.  China's energy demands are rising, population: 1.2 Billion & growing.  India's demands are growing likewise, Population 1 billion.
Israel?  7, maybe 8 million people.  If Israel ran everything on, say, solar power, there would be absolutely no change in world energy prices.

Back