• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Is there baic in May this year? (2014)

lCS

Inactive
Reaction score
I am curious to see if anyone knows if there is basic training in May of this year? I have heard that there might not be another basic start up date until September after March or April.

If you're applying for PRes, it depends on your unit and where you live, if you want a definitive answer you will have to contact the recruiter at the unit you're applying for. If you applying for RegF, there are typically BMQ courses starting at CFLRS all year-round.

A member of this forum posted that they received an offer and start training 5 May, that individual was doing bmoq as they were a pilot so it might be different

New BMQ serial's are run every other week, sometimes every week. Relax its not going anywhere.

Anyone know about BMQ out of Meaford for 2014?

Sent from my SGH-T679M using Tapatalk 2

B38890 said:
Anyone know about BMQ out of Meaford for 2014?

Sent from my SGH-T679M using Tapatalk 2

You're local reserve unit would know when they are planning on running their own BMQ's, besides that probably not.

I cant speak for any other trades (I am going in for pilot), but my BMOQ date is set for May 5 - Aug 8. Although i would love to hear if anyone else will be attending BMQ in May as well.

verstrat10 said:
I cant speak for any other trades (I am going in for pilot), but my BMOQ date is set for May 5 - Aug 8. Although i would love to hear if anyone else will be attending BMQ in May as well.

Once someone knows about the selection date in April for NCM and the start date for NCM BMQ in May let me know!!! Thanks! Also, has anyone done the PRESEC? How long does that take or does it depend on the person? I know that there are posts about this question but I want to know if anyone heard the latest information.

I'm due for BMOQ on May 12, in French. Looking forward to it with a mix of elation and apprehension.

cadetsnyder said:
Once someone knows about the selection date in April for NCM and the start date for NCM BMQ in May let me know!!! Thanks! Also, has anyone done the PRESEC? How long does that take or does it depend on the person? I know that there are posts about this question but I want to know if anyone heard the latest information.

Jesus people, every NCM position is not filled by the March 18th selections.
DAA said:
Selections are based on BMQ vacancies and not occupation specific.  So for every BMQ that is run, they need 60 people and they will select from whatever occupation has people Merit Listed, in order to fill those 60 spots.

DAA said:
Nope, they go in spurts.  Usually every 2-3 weeks.

There will be selections after the 18th of March, there will be at least 1 if not 2 BMQ's starting a month. The army does not have the facilities to fill all 800+ combat arms spots needed for FY 2014-2015 in one round of selections. Stop worrying about when and worry about making yourself as competitive as possible so that you can actually make it past the CFAT/Med/Interview and to the merit list.

Back