• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Iran seeks Holocaust cartoons

Only if they're Peugot's

The Muslim leadership across the board has been fairly unanimous in condeming what is agreeably an outrageous reaction, I think even they're "getting it."

There's some visceral satisfaction to burning French cars. I'm not sure what it's all about.

Acorn said:
Gues-|-

Reacting to hearsay isn't a uniquely Muslim failing. Nor is it one of the uneducated. We see it a lot on this very site (Seaking crashes, shootings in Iraq, various incidents).

There was no insinuation nor did I try to imply it as such.  Simply, my point is that whether or not the cartoons ( which were originally produced in Sept '05 ) are being percieved as mild, strong, postive or negative that people are reacting to hearsay alone.  Would there be much violence if everyone seen it for themselves or would it be worse? I don't know, but I do know that many just jump on the bandwagon before thinking for themselves.  I agree we do see it a lot on this site but rarely ever do I hear someone spazzing out of control flipping his neighbours Lada.

This has been closed since Feburary, but now Iran has put the pictures on an exhibit as a way of pushing the buttons of the west a few more times...

Cartoon exhibit mocking Holocaust opens in Iran
Updated Tue. Aug. 15 2006 12:29 PM ET  Associated Press
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060815/Cartoon_Holocaust_060815/20060815?hub=World

TEHRAN, Iran -- An exhibition of cartoons about the Holocaust opened this week, reflecting Iran's response to last year's Muslim outrage over a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad in a Danish newspaper.

The display, showing 204 entries from Iran and abroad, was strongly influenced by the views of Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who drew widespread condemnation last year for calling the Holocaust a "myth" and saying Israel should be destroyed.

One cartoon by Indonesian Tony Thomdean shows the Statue of Liberty holding a book on the Holocaust in its left hand and giving a Nazi-style salute with the other.

Masoud Shojai, director of the host Caricature House, said a jury looked through 1,200 entries received after the contest was announced in February by the co-sponsor, the Iranian newspaper Hamshahri.

It came following worldwide protests by Muslims against the Muhammad cartoons published by the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten. Many Muslims considered the cartoons a violation of traditions prohibiting images of their prophet.

Hamshahri said it wanted to test the West's tolerance for drawings about the Nazi killing of 6 million Jews in World War II. The entries on display came from nations including United States, Indonesia and Turkey.
more on link

Back