• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Inserts for Ballistic Eyewear/Mask

Messorius

Inactive
Reaction score
Question for folks with glasses -when getting inserts for these, do you need to take in the PD measurement(between pupils) or just the prescription?

They take your prescription from the doc and make the lenses. Inserts fit on every BEW the same IFAIK.

When I had my inserts made, I was told to get that distance thing....

I think I'll get laser eye surgery eventually, but these work pretty good.

In order to make a good set of glasses you need the prescription, plus the pupillary distance. If the distance is off, I believe it affect the focus point of the lenses and can cause headaches, tired eyes etc. In most provinces, from the research I have done, Optometrists will not give you the pupillary distance on your prescription form in order to keep you from ordering your glasses on the internet for real cheap.

edited: Spelling

Anyone is interested in William Bates method - Perfect Sight Without Glasses?

I asked an eye doctor about William Bates method. He told me he read his book, but it was a nonsense.

I am not sure if we can completely restore the vision to 20/20 through Bates method. But, I personally believe some of his eye exercises will help improve our vision.

http://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=cr#q=william+bates

Hi there,

So I just want to clarify a few things for my personal knowledge.

You get your prescription from your opt, then where do you take that to get your inserts made? I have been told two different places.

1. Someone told me to check with my local Clothing QM for inserts first (which made no sense.)
2. Someone told me to bring my Rx to the MIR on Stad and they would have my inserts made for me.

I would like to get these made ASAP so if anyone could steer me in the right direction as to my next step.

Thank you.

My sect comd told me to bring my Rx to the MIR and they would then give me a chit to get the lens insert from the QM. I'm still waiting to find out if I'm fully covered or if I'll have to pay out of my own pocket for the lenses because I'm PRes. The way I figure, it only makes sense that I should get it for free because I am required to be using issued kit at all times for liability reasons. If I catch a piece of copper jacket in the eye while I'm at the range, the first thing they're going to ask me is if I was wearing my issued BEW.

Inserts are issue.  Unless you lose them you will not be paying out of pocket.

MikeAlphaTango said:
Hi there,

So I just want to clarify a few things for my personal knowledge.

You get your prescription from your opt, then where do you take that to get your inserts made? I have been told two different places.

1. Someone told me to check with my local Clothing QM for inserts first (which made no sense.)
2. Someone told me to bring my Rx to the MIR on Stad and they would have my inserts made for me.

I would like to get these made ASAP so if anyone could steer me in the right direction as to my next step.

Thank you.

I had my eye's tested at Stad hospital last week. Eye doctor gave me a chit for glasses and inserts. Went to the glasses place in the basement and will pick everything up tomorrow.

Back