• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

In demand trades

lCS

Inactive
Reaction score
If you apply for a job that's in demand does your application process move somewhat faster just because there is a need for high demand jobs to be filled? Does anyone know?

lCS said:
If you apply for a job that's in demand does your application process move somewhat faster just because there is a need for high demand jobs to be filled? Does anyone know?

In all reality it should, but it doesn't seem that way right now... I am applied for Steward and its in-demand and still has spots for this current fiscal year but all I have done is my CFAT I haven't even been contacted to schedule my medical or interview.

It really depends on the trade.  Not all trades that are "In Demand" are at the same level.  Also, just because it's listed as "In Demand" this week, it doesn't mean it'll be that way next week.  It could also already have a lot of strong applicants, and a plethora of other factors.

Don't pick an occupation that's "In Demand" because you think it'll get you in faster.  It may not go any faster than another occupation that isn't "In Demand", and you could end up in an occupation you don't like.  Your recruiter may tell you that you can transfer later; while that's true, you need to be a Corporal before you are eligible (3-4 years after you get in) and you'll have to go through another competitive process to be selected.

Go for trades you actually want to do, don't worry about whether it's In Demand.  A few extra months of waiting now could save you years of trying to switch later.

My  :2c:

What Griffon said. In demand simply means they're accepting applications. Admittedly, choosing certain jobs will give you a better chance of being selected, but I wouldn't advise picking a trade just to get in, if you end up not liking your job, you'll be miserable because in the CF, your job is a much bigger part of your life than in the civilian world.

Back