• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Identification problems, issues.

PteAJL

Inactive
Reaction score
Okay big problem here.

One of the clerks at my unit had set up an appointment for me on June 25 at 1100h to get my military ID printed for me.
Unfortunately, I am unavailable and can't make it. I called 2MP detachment as they are responsible for printing the identifications, and there are no appointments available at all this week.
I start BMQ on July 3rd and I won't have any military ID.

What kinds of problems will this cause, will this prevent me from going on course?

Did you inform the clerk of this or anyone else at the unit?  Did you ask anyone at the unit, if not having a Military ID will be a issue or not on BMQ?

See if you can get a ID before course(try to make the appt they made for you), if not it may not be a issue that would remove you from course(of course confirm with your unit).  I believe you are going to CFB Kingston for BMQ?  The MP Detachment there may be able too make you a ID.  Of course, if you have no ID when you start BMQ, bring it up to the course staff.

The clerk knows, I had told her when she called me.
She gave me the extension for 2MP.

The commissionaire from 2MP just said I was SOL.
So I think I will contact someone from my unit, because I don't want to head to Kingston with a whole bunch of administrative issues and roadblocks.

PteAJL said:
Okay big problem here.

One of the clerks at my unit had set up an appointment for me on June 25 at 1100h to get my military ID printed for me.
Unfortunately, I am unavailable and can't make it. I called 2MP detachment as they are responsible for printing the identifications, and there are no appointments available at all this week.
I start BMQ on July 3rd and I won't have any military ID.

What kinds of problems will this cause, will this prevent me from going on course?

Can I ask you a simple question?  If you were planning a trip to another country, and you needed your passport, would you have made the Passport appointment timing?

PteAJL said:
So I think I will contact someone from my unit, because I don't want to head to Kingston with a whole bunch of administrative issues and roadblocks.

Yep, and knowing the staff on the BMQ you're about to embark on, they don't want you to be an administrative burden, especially for something in your control. This is an important timing for your military career, perhaps you should rethink your priorities.

PuckChaser said:
Yep, and knowing the staff on the BMQ you're about to embark on, they don't want you to be an administrative burden, especially for something in your control. This is an important timing for your military career, perhaps you should rethink your priorities.

Is it in his control though? He has spoken with his unit clerk and spoke to 2MP and explained his situation and he got the your SOL response. For reserve units in Toronto the clerks normally book them into 2MP and some units do up the temp ID at the reserve unit. IMO his unit clerk just doesn't care full well knowing the situation when all they would have to do is tell there cheif clerk the situation and I'm sure an earlier appointment would happen.

Its really a simple problem with a simple solution but since he's a brand new pte (R) he's getting the run around.

So I'm just wondering,
if I was told I'm SOL on the ID as of right now, should I take Skeletor's advice and just tell the course staff when I arrive at BMQ of my predicament?

Back