• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hey - We are hearing that Canada is/are DESTROYING over 67,000 FNC1 and FNC2s

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Its supposed to be happening right now. If true what an end of an era, and a sad day for the Canadian small arms history.

Only several hundred are to be kept for museum purposes.  Although NOTHING can be done, can someone look into this more?

The Australian government did the same things to their L1A1 and L2A1 rifles, all smelted and destroyed last year.

Regards,

Wes

YUP - talk to Gary C

Unfortunate but nothing seems to be able to be done - they are prohibited, and someone has decided we dont need them  :'(

Same with C1 SMG's (no big loss) -
* I think Gary C stopped dropped the idea of cutting up the 'excess' pistols.

Sad days 

Um?   Mike?   Did you have a comment other than   :cdn: ?

[EDIT]  Sorry....posted before you edited.

don't worry...It happens to all of us at the oddest times.

Anyway, to answer your question; it would have to have been a DND/Supply and Services decision.

I would think it would be smarter to hang onto them for war stocks.  It's not like it costs anything to simply keep them stored away for a rainy day with the rest of the misc. and extra equipment.  It was probably some pencil pusher that just wanted it to look like he's been doing something instead of simply taking up room

Thats what was going on, but upon inspection a year ago their overall condition was poor and rusty, and reinspected recently, this condition had worsened as the LTS I guess was not good enough, and it was cost effective to destroy them rather than to have them overhauled.

Its still a waste.

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley H. Allen said:
Thats what was going on, but upon inspection a year ago their overall condition was poor and rusty, and reinspected recently, this condition had worsened as the LTS I guess was not good enough, and it was cost effective to destroy them rather than to have them overhauled.

Its still a waste.

Cheers,

Wes

Whatever happened to just dunking them in a tank of warm cosmoline? They'd survive for 200 years and a forty day flood when they were prepped like that.

I agree about that stuff, but here they say its cancer causing  ;D, but isnt everything theese days, and they now say chips (fries as you call em) are too.

Cheers,

Wes

Not out here in the Free Republic of Central Alberta, it doesn't!  ;D

There are other long term preservatives which work quiet well.

And I do not mean CLP which is junk.

Just wondering , do the Brit's still have their FN rifles, i think the proper name was SLR L1A1 rifle, correct me if I'm' wrong. The Brit's would have a large number of these rifles in storage, after adopting the SA 85 rifle, if i remember their rifles had plastic furniture as compared to our wooden stocks, etc.

I'm surprised the lasted this long. Canada + firearms+Liberal party... they just don't mix.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.  Is there any official confirmation on this? 

Kat Stevens said:
Not out here in the Free Republic of Central Alberta, it doesn't!   ;D

Maybe King Ralph should have asked for them - a stockpile in case a War of 'Eastern Agression'  ;D

Back