• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Heavy Truck Purchase Announcement

George Wallace:

1. "However, your inexperience is showing with this above statement.  Anyone who has been around any large number of Diesel vehicles will have gone through this type of experience at some time, so it is not restricted solely to the HL."

A)  I have been a fully Inter-Provincially licenced automobile mechanic since 1989. B)  I have had an Ontario AZ (Heavy 18 Wheeler/air brake) licence for eight years, and C) have been around heavy machinery for  38 years.....and Cummins, Detroit, and Caterpillar, and now most certainly Merc Benz, and NOTHING, I MEAN NOTHING smokes like a cold Steyr!!!!!!!  The above pictures only show ONE producing ALL that smoke.......Yes, I agree, ALL diesels smoke a bit when cold...due to the nature/properties of diesel fuel and diesel engine combustion, BUT NOTHING smokes like a Steyr, in my 38 years I've NEVER seen anything else like it....except for maybe an LS!!!!!!LOL

2.  "Some of that problem can be alleviated by a proper start up in cold weather conditions.  The Pre-Lube and warming up of Glow Plugs can cut down on a lot of that "polution". "

YES!  But IS this ever performed.....at 1 SVC, CFSAL, CFSEME, just to name a few,  I have NEVER seen with my own eyes, anyone below the rank of Mcpl perform the "correct" cold start-up procedure on these trucks....ALL I EVER SEE is a lot of smoke!   

The "Inexperienced" comment was not taken kindly to/appreciated and is NOT an assumption one should make this day and age on the internet.  No-one can possibly know who they're dealing with on the other end of the keyboard. 

6v53taddec, thanks for posting the pics - they are amazing looking machines - first I've seen of the actual, delivered vehicles.  I am going to have to find more pictures for the PC desktop.

Back