• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hba1c

What are the chances of being accepted if my HBA1C is 5.7 ?
It's below 6...in fact it's below 7...so unless your random blood glucose is elevated and so is your fasting, probably fine - you're not diabetic, not even really pre-diabetic.

Based on a quick Google, that suggests you are pre-diabetic. Depending on other tests, that's not a positive sign.

Under Canadian Guidelines, an A1C <6.0% is fine - 6.0--6.4 is pre-diabetic range. >7.0, diabetic.
I should add, >6.5% is technically diagnostic, but usually in absence of other things suggestive of metabolic syndrome. I usually put my cutoff at 7, but start nagging the person if it's over 6.0...

It's below 6...in fact it's below 7...so unless your random blood glucose is elevated and so is your fasting, probably fine - you're not diabetic, not even really pre-diabetic.
A1C is 5.7, random is 4.8, fasting is 5.2 as of Feb11/24
A little bit of a back story …Sept 1/23 I was 205lbs … A1C was 7.4….i knew I needed to change ! As of Feb 11/23 I now weigh 172lbs, totally changed diet and at the gym6x a week. My goal is to be about 150lbs. I’m 5’4, 52 yr old female.
Thank you for your reply !

Back