• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Has anyone out there had a successful PLA for IAP?

tristismilitis

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm curious if there is anyone out there that managed (or knows about) a successful PLA for IAP as I keep hearing on one hand that there are no exceptions to the rule that all members lacking a JLC/PLQ must do IAP & BOTC, and on the other hand that I should try for a PLA. I know the courses were combined recently, but I am hoping there are still plans to run just a BOTC for those members that do have previous leadership courses, or for people that could reasonably have a PLA write the IAP off.
Any info appreciated, thanks!

Put in for a PLAR/PLA to the CDA.  They are getting better at writing off courses that people don't need and only sending you on courses that you absolutely require.  If you they deem you don't need IAP you just join the course in whatever week they deem it done.  Worse case is they say no, so it behooves you to do it.

I'll give it a try for sure! It gives my morale a definite boost to know things are getting better in the saving money & time category. Especially the part where there will be less time spent at the mega and more time employed in my trade.
Thanks.

We had something like 15 people loaded onto our BMOQ after week 8 because they already had their BMQ (I think that's all that was required), either with the the reserves or reg force

PLQ gets the whole BMOQ course by-passed because the second module of the course is the basic leadership portion (how to write orders, comd a section [without any tactical training/evaluation], etc) and PLQ has already covered that.

Back