• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Hamas invaded Israel 2023

Cut and herd the ones who aren't as committed out of the area - the ones you want to get I am sure you have your methods.
Push from one side; leave a way for people to get out if they don’t want to be there. It reduces unnecessary and potentially unlawful arrests of people who were just incidentally engaged in lawful protest, it reduces risks of injury, and it reduces violence. The Ottawa convoy clearance was a textbook example.

Some of you are thinking these protesters have something to loose, and afraid to riot. They will play the victim card until they gain some more support. Then the real protests will start. Sadly this is only the beginning, its going to get worse.

So 3 drones to do a very targeted strike on a 3 car convoy of well marked food aid delivery cars that killed 7 people, including a CAF vet that was over volunteering. It wasn't even like it was in quick succession; the first one hit, the other cars stopped to help, then the other two drones hit the other cars, so that was done very intentionally with someone in control.

I can't see how this is anything but deliberately targeting a relief convoy, which seems a pretty clear Geneva convention violation, and a spectacularly clumsy blunder when you need allies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...was-targeted-killing-of-aid-workers-1.7162355

So 3 drones to do a very targeted strike on a 3 car convoy of well marked food aid delivery cars that killed 7 people, including a CAF vet that was over volunteering. It wasn't even like it was in quick succession; the first one hit, the other cars stopped to help, then the other two drones hit the other cars, so that was done very intentionally with someone in control.

I can't see how this is anything but deliberately targeting a relief convoy, which seems a pretty clear Geneva convention violation, and a spectacularly clumsy blunder when you need allies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mont...was-targeted-killing-of-aid-workers-1.7162355
Accidents happen.

As the article noted there was a misidentification of the convoy. It happens.

I'm assuming you're making that judgement based on your years of operating drones in a conflict zone filled with people who routinely hide themselves in civilian aid compounds/hospitals?

Accidents happen.

As the article noted there was a misidentification of the convoy. It happens.
Sure, but repeated accidents is negligence (or indifference), and they are now up to almost 200 dead aid workers, including well marked red cross ambulances and others. They seem to have been able to track this convoy from their departure point all along the normal humanitarian route until the multiple deliberate strikes, so pretty big oops.

There are no winners in this whole shit show, but there a lot of platitudes. It would be nice if instead of empty promises to take measures to make sure it didn't happen again, for Israel to just say they don't really care. Hamas is garbage, but Israel is hardly being the good guy here and keeps ratcheting up the pressure fairly indiscriminately.

Not really sure what their endgame is here though; unless they wipe the entire gaza strip out this is a pretty good future recruiting campaign for Hamas and others by starving out a few million people, taking out the hospitals then repeatedly targeting ambulance and food convoys (that they've already cleared before allowing them entry). It's a pretty hateful game of chicken with a lot of random civilians caught in the middle.

Do notice that no one is talking about Netanhayhu's corruption charges anymore though, and cynical enough to think that plays into this a fair bit, as it's a good distraction for him to stay out of jail and in power.

Thank Hamas, this entire conflict is on them, and to an extent the people of gaza, after Oct7th.

The investigation should shed some light.

Sure, but repeated accidents is negligence (or indifference), and they are now up to almost 200 dead aid workers, including well marked red cross ambulances and others. They seem to have been able to track this convoy from their departure point all along the normal humanitarian route until the multiple deliberate strikes, so pretty big oops.

There are no winners in this whole shit show, but there a lot of platitudes. It would be nice if instead of empty promises to take measures to make sure it didn't happen again, for Israel to just say they don't really care. Hamas is garbage, but Israel is hardly being the good guy here and keeps ratcheting up the pressure fairly indiscriminately.

Not really sure what their endgame is here though; unless they wipe the entire gaza strip out this is a pretty good future recruiting campaign for Hamas and others by starving out a few million people, taking out the hospitals then repeatedly targeting ambulance and food convoys (that they've already cleared before allowing them entry). It's a pretty hateful game of chicken with a lot of random civilians caught in the middle.

Do notice that no one is talking about Netanhayhu's corruption charges anymore though, and cynical enough to think that plays into this a fair bit, as it's a good distraction for him to stay out of jail and in power.
The Hospitals have had numerous secondary explosions as they have been used repeatedly for arms storage.

Ambulances have also been used as taxis for weapons and terrorists.

I’m not a Bibi fan and IMHO he needs to go - but you’re putting too much on malice as opposed to just shit happens.

I don’t think Israel cares what the anti-Semitic international community thinks.
Neither did the fascists, until they were all just "following orders."

The moral high ground may not have many tactical advantages, but if definitely has a strategic advantage when the battles over and the world wants accountability.

LOAC and Humanitarian Law is non-denominational after all.

Rick Hillier has some colorful comments on X about this whole debacle. I stand with Rick.

good job on calling out Israel while giving us cause to call you out on your terrorist leanings. Now we know....
I know, the truth hurts sometimes, so soldier on my son.
It's obvious you don't care about a fellow veteran (Jacob Flickinger) who was slained by another country and you'd rather stand with the Israeli terrorists who killed him than your own brethern.
I'm really questioning your loyalty to Canada.

Wow, Israeli terrorist forces are deliberately targeting and killing a Canadian veteran...3 times... While he was on a mission to secure food Deliveries for to starving Palestinians!

Truly sad. But what other comfort does a parent have in cases such as this. My son got blown up because he was in the middle of a war zone and shit happens is pretty bitter medicine to swallow. Much easier to assign blame. My heart goes out to them though. There is no comfort in receiving your son via a ramp ceremony of any nature.

I know, the truth hurts sometimes, so soldier on my son.
It's obvious you don't care about a fellow veteran (Jacob Flickinger) who was slained by another country and you'd rather stand with the Israeli terrorists who killed him than your own brethern.
I'm really questioning your loyalty to Canada.

Check your condescending tone young man.

I think you better suck back and reload; and educate yourself on who you are talking to before you start whipping out statements.

Back