• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Halloween shenanigans.

Remius

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok, I'm a big fan of Halloween.  I was at a few parties over the weekend at various drinking establishments.  Costumes were great, people were fun.

Party #1: I spot a guy in cadpat.  No headress wearing a medic brassard.  A girl asked him if he was military he said no, he borrowed the stuff from a friend.

Party #2: Buddy is wearing cadpat, tac vest and helmet.  Somebody recognises him.  I approach him and asked if it was smart of him to wear that out on Halloween.  He says no and apologises for his actions.  I reminded him that the uniform is not a "costume".

I guess it's a pet peeve of mine when I see this on Halloween.

Just curious if anyone else finds this somewhat inappropriate.  Maybe I'm just getting cranky as I get older...

Stupid.....  dunno why anyone would wear their uniform on halloween, etc or loan it to a friend...

Awhile ago I saw some guy(Pretty sure he goes to RMC) wearing a Air Force tunic with OCdt rank on it...

We had a member of the unit decide it would be a good idea to wear his dads Auxiliary RCMP uniform to the bar a few years ago....Needless to say the RCMP that came in to do a walk around nor his dad thought it very funny...I am pretty sure he was not allowed out of his house unless he was working for about 4 months and those where his dads rules....Never seen a 19 yo (Legally adult but in his cause apparently not mentally ha ha) get grounded....I guess his dad meant the whole "You live under my roof you live with my rules" speech...

Actually there was a kid came to my door in his dad's uniform.Sgt rank but didnt catch the name and unit.Floppy hat and all.
But kids are kids.

Saw a little girl (maybe 4 or 5) dressed as an MP.  Black pants, dad's (?) shirt (MCpl rank) and beret, and a bunch of toy paraphernalia (hand cuffs, hand gun, radio, etc).  I thought it was cute.

Other than kids here, I've never seen anyone on Halloween wearing their uniform.

Yes kids are one thing.  But serving adult serving members? 

a little late on this one but  the SM of our regiment promised a shit storm for whoever wore their uniform out because we were stood down.

I saw a guy Dressed in cadpat, helmet, tact vest, gas mask and cam stick on halloween.    The guy told me "his cousin was in the army"  too bad i couldnt get his name.  Felt like smacking the fucker

Everyone in my unit was wearing their Uni's on Halloween, course it was parade night... :D

Back