• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Guided missile on my docs?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Could someone tell me what exactly a "launching container, guided, missle, trai.."    is and how it might end up on ones pers docs?
[stock code: 6920 219145811, price a cool $5000.00]

- Mod edit to fix thread title spelling -

Sign for a Javelin tube or something?

You were told you couldn't have those for planters...... ;D

The proper response is "No, that's not a guided missile, but I can understand how you'd get the two confused."  >:D

Because we stopped using the first four of the stock code (the part that indicated what sort of equipment it actually was) when doing clothing entries, and there was probably a clothing item that has a stock number very close to 219145811.  Typo and there you go, item on your docs.  Of course the item should be coded so it can be issued to a pers, but seeing as it is a training aid of some type and the number was established by DGLEPM it might have been done in a rush.

Shouldn't there should also be related information identifying the date the equipment was attributed to your docs and where it occurred? 

OZ would have to get a history run on that SN (stock number) and his SN (service number).  That would show when it was put on the docs.  The description, especially on some DND manufactured items, often leaves a lot to be desired.

No sir I didn't not take that off the range. PS, Have you seen my car?

AmmoTech90 said:
OZ would have to get a history run on that SN (stock number) and his SN (service number).  That would show when it was put on the docs.  The description, especially on some DND manufactured items, often leaves a lot to be desired.

The history on some items sometimes leaves alot to be desired.

Anyways OZ, looks like it's an MLR for you. Fill out a nice creative narrative and let us know what your OC says when he sees it!

'I placed the guided missile next to my FFO prior to joining the meal line. When I returned it was missing, subsequent searches were conducted to no avail.'

You could always put in a lost baggage claim the next time you fly, stating that the item was there when you checked it in.

Would be even better if it was a US originating or final destination, so you can watch TSA go into a panic.

Better still, it was mixed in with your socks when you were doing laundry. All of your socks were there, but the missile went missing. And you had one hell of a mess in the lint trap.

It was thrown on your docs as a cover, but in reality it was sold on the black market.  Everything looks fine in the system, no one is counting it because it has been issued to you.

Tin Foil hat off.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
It was thrown on your docs as a cover, but in reality it was sold on the black market.  Everything looks fine in the system, no one is counting it because it has been issued to you. Now come up with it!!

Simple solutions save the day.....

1. Go see your local friendly mat-tech.
2. Get him to make up a 2' long piece of 4'' aluminum pipe, with a cone at one end and fins at the other. Paint it all green apart from the nose which you paint red.
3. Stencil  'MISSYLE, GUYDED' on the side in big bright letters, with an arrow pointing towards the cone end saying 'BANGY BIT'.
4. Take to clothing stores, ask to return it to get it off your docs.
5. Watch....

Towards_the_gap said:

1a.  Bring beer.

2. Get him to make up a 2' long piece of 4'' aluminum pipe, with a cone at one end and fins at the other. Paint it all green apart from the nose which you paint red.
3. Stencil  'MISSYLE, GUYDED' on the side in big bright letters, with an arrow pointing towards the cone end saying 'BANGY BIT'.
5. Watch....

Towards_the_gap said:

5. Watch....

When you go to the counter, pleeease bring a video camera.  This has "YouTube" written all over it.

Haggis said:
When you go to the counter, pleeease bring a video camera.  This has "YouTube" written all over it.

Indeed- I'm not sure which will serve him better on YouTube; his looks or his charisma?

Back