• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Good Sports Bras

I have located these two models which come in D cups and above which look like my pseudo Champion 1050s which leads me to believe I must have the wrong model number for my larger cup bras:

http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product_id=CHA-1050

http://www.figleaves.com/us/product.asp?product_id=CHA-1018.

I think the first page looks more like the ones that I have but the other one is very similar to what I have too so I don't know. 

In any event, since I have started running on the treadmill to nurse my knee, I have been cramming them into the C cups and wearing a fitted longbra style running top over.  It has worked better than medical tape!

Good to hear...any kinda taping is just nasty on the "girls"...

HL

I just went to Sportchek today in St. John NB and bought a Champion 1050 for 49.99.  I am a 38dd and it fit wonderfully, and has a less bounce than any other including the really cool looking under armour brand.  There were lots in stock of all sizes and choice between black or white.  Maybe you could go to your local store and ask them to get some from sportchek, hehehe:)

Well, don't  i feel sheepish...I hate eating crow...I was wrong.  The Champion bra I bought was a "c"  ,38 but none the less only a "c".  No wonder there was no bounce.  I am gonna give it a running chance today.  Sorry that I misled ya'll.  Still the most confortable sports bra I have ever tried on though.  Again, Sorry, GH

I think a size too small is a good thing for a sports bra anyway...provides more compresssion for the girls and more comfort when you run...

HL

Okay girls I found this one...what do you think...I would like to try one if I can find them...anyone know where I might?  I am going to start looking...
http://www.goldmanbros.com/gc/customer/product.php?productid=18684

It is an OD sports bra by UA  ;D

HL

Okay, I have revived this thread since my question is specific to it.

When do we begin getting reimbursement for bra's?
Is it once we sign the dotted line?
During or after basic?

Ref: CANFORGEN 100/05 ADM MAT 002/05 021200Z JUN 05

CF Females must have successfully completed Basic Recruit Training to be entitled to the benefits

1. I've just trimmed 6 pages of crap.

2. Folks, when it's a topic dealing with a serious issue for the wannabe's, or can prevent injuries, keep the garbage to a minimum. If a thread gets too long, people won't read it. Then, we get people hurting themselves. Or they start posting questions that are already answered, and they get flamed for it.

So, now that it's been culled of the useless stuff, put it back on track, or the weed wacker will have to come out again. This thread is for the women and their clothing/ allowances. Nuff said.

To wear or not to wear...that is the question...here is the answer...an article from Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise

http://www.acsm-msse.org/pt/re/msse/abstract.00005768-200509000-00026.htm;jsessionid=Gp1MQQYHjyGlCy3Chhn2n5Gy2NBHts0JvjhTkRBQwr89c7V9KbTS!-1734750035!-949856144!8091!-1

HL

Here is the number 1 rated sports bra as per ladiesonlysports.com

http://www.ladiesonlysports.com/acshapsporbr.html

HL

I have sports bras for sports, but I also wear them under my uniform everyday too.  Much more comfortable and supportive then regular bras, especially with long days and unknown activities throughout the day.  I tried several regular sports bras, and though they were comfortable for a bit of time, I found by the end of an 18 hour day I couldn't wait to get it off.  Yes, I realize that most of us feel that way about bras after a long day, but I think that a good sports bra is nice for a short period of time, but becomes too binding for long terms.  Tried out the new La Senza sports bra.  Wow, very nice.  I noticed a difference after just the first day of wearing them.  You know it's good when you forget you're wearing a bra.  Picked up 4 of them last fiscal year with my bra allowance.  And the best thing about them is that they can be washed and dried with no adverse effects.  I try not to throw them in the dryer, but if I don't get to the washer onboard before the next person in line, the whole load just gets tossed into the dryer (hmmph, men, we've got to teach 'em LOL).

For those interested, I have just bought 2 Champion bras at Sport Check.  They are having a big sale across Canada until July 10.  For my sports bras, reg. price 49.99 (before tax) and now on sale for 37.49 (before tax).

Just posting to say thank you to those that posted advice re. training bras in this thread.  My wife (who is not in the military) has never found an adequate bra for the level of excercise that she likes to get involved in.  That is, until reading through this thread.  She went to Sport Check and bought a bra that was recommended here and she said that the workouts are finally comfortable, for the first time.  So, thanks to all the ladies once again from my wife (and me too!  No more listening to complaints about how men don't have the same problem etc.).

Back