• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Going Crazy

J

Jug

Man...this is brutal.

My swearing in is Jan.22. I have my fitness test on the 15th.

Thing is, my medical has not been reviewed yet...they are still waiting on it.

The recruiter calls me and says to show up to the swearing in if I don‘t hear from him my next Friday.

So...until then, I will be on pins and needles hoping that I DON‘T get a call from them. No news is good news in this case.

Its going to be a loooong week.

They give you a date too swear in before you completed all the requirements?

Huh? You have not had physicals and your missing your medical and they are swearing you in????

Please explain this Im not sure I understand at all...Usually they pass the medical after your physical and written tests and then swear you in when you are called up for boot....

*Is totally confused* :confused:

My medical file is not in from Borden yet. Since my swearing in date is the 22nd, they seem to be in a big rush to get all the ducks in order...so they scheduled my fitness test for the 15th.

Now, one of three things can happen next week: 1. My medical file get reviewed and passed, 2. My medical file gets reviewed and fails, or 3. My medical file does not get reviewed (for whatever reason).

If 2. or 3. happens, they will call me before the 22nd and tell me not to show up. If 1. happens, then I‘m good to go.

Yes, usually there is a strict order of things, i.e. they don‘t schedule the fitness test until all files have been approved, and you don‘t get a swearing in date until everyting is approved and passed.

But, since they are "swamped" and scrambling for the Jan.27 IAP/BOTP date, they are slotting me for a swearing in and doing the fitness test while waiting for the medical file to pass through.

My neighbour is in the same boat as I...waiting on the medical file to be reviewed.

The process appears to be scrambled a bit - I was originally told that I had passed my medical and so could be scheduled for the fitness test (and the swearing-in). But two weeks later I have been told that I have not yet passed my medical but that I should proceed with the fitness test (which I passed) and then onto the swearing-in unless I get a call which would mean bad news.

It went from desperately waiting for a call to hear that I was accepted - to desperately hoping to not get a call to hear that I have not passed the medical. I am currently scheduled to be sworn-in next week so at least I do not have a long wait.

It seems to me they use the procedure as they want! lol.

I mean I applied on Dec.17th. They called up on the 18th to say I was cleared and scheduled me my written tes for Jan. 22nd. Then I called up for info and I was told I needed to sched. my physicals before the written so as to hand everything in on the 22nd and then get my meds. done up.

Anybody else find the lack of cohesion a bit wierd here?...Its seems they do what they feel like. :D

Wow that does seem fast. I hope they will be that fast working on my app. I just have the PT test to do wednesday...and then it waiting for that phone call.

Back