• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freeman on the Land?

Even lawyers now do it. I know they are all over, but it seems the western part of our land is more fertile ground.

Oof. And of course she has her own practice (real estate!) and even has another lawyer working for her. Way to utterly beclown herself.

Oof. And of course she has her own practice (real estate!) and even has another lawyer working for her. Way to utterly beclown herself.

Further down the web page it says "Save time, Money and Headaches". Translation: ' We don't bother ourselves with the law; we just make stuff up.'

I'm not sure I'd want to rely on them to ensure clear title on a real estate transaction, and title insurance companies might not either.

She threatened the media with legal action too. And it looks like the other lawyer working for her is also a city counsellor who stands to take a reputational hit.

She’ll definitely be facing a law society complaint, and they won’t stand for pseudo law claims in internal mechanisms. She’s gonna either humble up and shut up REAL fast, or she’s going to have a spectacular professional flameout. Either way she’ll have fun with her business now that googling her name brings this up. BC has no shortage of rubber-stamp real estate lawyers who can do a title transfer on a condo.

She threatened the media with legal action too. And it looks like the other lawyer working for her is also a city counsellor who stands to take a reputational hit.

She’ll definitely be facing a law society complaint, and they won’t stand for pseudo law claims in internal mechanisms. She’s gonna either humble up and shut up REAL fast, or she’s going to have a spectacular professional flameout. Either way she’ll have fun with her business now that googling her name brings this up. BC has no shortage of rubber-stamp real estate lawyers who can do a title transfer on a condo.
My wife did Real Estate Law, what a pain in the butt that was, everyone waits till the last minute to send you the paperwork, important details like lot numbers, addresses are wrong, everyone blames you for delays thanks to you fixing their mistakes and you take all the risks for any mistake you don't catch. For all that we were making a fraction of what the Real Estate agent was making.

My wife did Real Estate Law, what a pain in the butt that was, everyone waits till the last minute to send you the paperwork, important details like lot numbers, addresses are wrong, everyone blames you for delays thanks to you fixing their mistakes and you take all the risks for any mistake you don't catch. For all that we were making a tiny fraction of what the Real Estate agent was making.
FTFY

🍻

My wife did Real Estate Law, what a pain in the butt that was, everyone waits till the last minute to send you the paperwork, important details like lot numbers, addresses are wrong, everyone blames you for delays thanks to you fixing their mistakes and you take all the risks for any mistake you don't catch. For all that we were making a fraction of what the Real Estate agent was making.

My first purchase I sent back the "final" versions for correction - not only of the transfer etc but also the mortgage. My banker said "Most people don't read that."

I need to use the word “beclown” more often.

I’m sure more than one person rejected from law school is saying “wtf How did she become a lawyer?”

Sorry Colin, I was taking a shot at the subject of the article, but I was unintentionally insulting to others.

I need to use the word “beclown” more often.

It’s pretty great.

I’m sure more than one person rejected from law school is saying “wtf How did she become a lawyer?”

Yeah, I imagine she’s pretty much immediately made her name mud in her professional circles. I wonder how quick her associate’s name disappears from her website.

What's really funny here is that the pro se party is the reasonable one. I feel the court has no option other than to make a ruling under Meads v Meads, in this case. If I were the defendant, I would then make a Law Society complaint.

Yeah, I imagine she’s pretty much immediately made her name mud in her professional circles. I wonder how quick her associate’s name disappears from her website.

And in her own words . . .

"I highly doubt anyone, um, many people, um, really google a good real estate lawyer . . . we work completely word of mouth so we rely on reputation and for that reason we work really hard to keep our standards high . . ."

Perhaps she should have rethought her premise.

Sorry Colin, I was taking a shot at the subject of the article, but I was unintentionally insulting to others.

It’s pretty great.

No offence taken.

What's really funny here is that the pro se party is the reasonable one. I feel the court has no option other than to make a ruling under Meads v Meads, in this case. If I were the defendant, I would then make a Law Society complaint.

Yup, her career has just smashed its face into the brick wall of Meads. I’ll be curious to see what the law society does. The most generous possible interpretation is that in a fit of pique she’s deliberately playing super stupid and needs a major smackdown for that reasons less generously, she actually buys that crap and has no business practicing law at all.

Yup, her career has just smashed its face into the brick wall of Meads. I’ll be curious to see what the law society does. The most generous possible interpretation is that in a fit of pique she’s deliberately playing super stupid and needs a major smackdown for that reasons less generously, she actually buys that crap and has no business practicing law at all.
…or at best get to practice corporate law for Dunder Mifflin…

He appears to to a city councillor in Coquitlam. I wonder if the lawyer in question was using her fantasy law theories in her practice, or saved those for her personal interactions?

Reading that article, she didn’t sound like someone who dabbled, but like a true believer.

He appears to to a city councillor in Coquitlam. I wonder if the lawyer in question was using her fantasy law theories in her practice, or saved those for her personal interactions?

Reading that article, she didn’t sound like someone who dabbled, but like a true believer.
Out of curiosity I checked and she has nothing outstanding with the law society and no other matters on the BC court registry website.

Maybe in a few more months we'll get the ultimate crossover episode and she'll become in-house counsel for Queen Romana Didulo, Queen of Canada?

Even better - Chefs Marco-Pierre White +/- Gordon Ramsay...

Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Back