• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Former Army HQ to be demolished, replaced with apartments

If anyone has fond memories of 110 O'Connor, it's awaiting the wrecking ball.

I don't know about the office space there, but had a pretty solid gym setup that was great for other smaller satellites in the immediate area.

Getting rid of some office buildings for living spaces seems to make more sense, and that is a pretty convenient location if you are downtown. Expect it will be higher end condos.

I don't know about the office space there, but had a pretty solid gym setup that was great for other smaller satellites in the immediate area.

Getting rid of some office buildings for living spaces seems to make more sense, and that is a pretty convenient location if you are downtown. Expect it will be higher end condos.
Right now they're planning rental apartments - long term revenue stream.

Not necessarily fond, but I remember being detained and questioned by the OPS when I accidentally breached their poorly established cordon.

There was a murder outside of there while I was providing real time support in the ANOC for an exercise in Europe and walked out into a crime scene. Easily resolved, but I am glad they moved Army HQ to somewhere less "busy."

Not necessarily fond, but I remember being detained and questioned by the OPS when I accidentally breached their poorly established cordon.

There was a murder outside of there while I was providing real time support in the ANOC for an exercise in Europe and walked out into a crime scene. Easily resolved, but I am glad they moved Army HQ to somewhere less "busy."
I’ll match your 110 O’Connor zone of uncertainty and raise you a 400 Cumberland just around the corner from Ottawa’s Stabby McStabtown district…. 😉

Had an office there in the early 2000s. The parking garage emptied onto Slater and because of the transitway you had to immediately turn right on O'Connor, a turn that was otherwise illegal for traffic in the other lanes of Slater. At the end of the month it was routine for the OPS to set up on O'Connor to hand out tickets for illegal right hand turns. Those of us who parked in the building were given a special card to show we were authorized to make the turn. Loved flashing that as they tried to wave me over for a ticket.

Unless you've ridden a bike at night through a pool of blood on the sidewalk just as the police arrived to secure a murder scene, have you truly lived?

Unless you've ridden a bike at night through a pool of blood on the sidewalk just as the police arrived to secure a murder scene, have you truly lived?
A memo to the CoC informing them you've been called as a witness in a murder trial is always a good conversation starter. Free trip to Halifax I guess!

Best part is it'll be considered 'on duty', so was a fun admin learning experience.

Ottawa actually has a murder rate below the national average — it’s just that Ottawa residents prefer to commit their murders in the downtown core, which ensures maximum visibility.
Don't sell Vanier short, we have or fair share of murder and assault.

You guys are really selling Ottawa as a great posting lol

I never lived there but worked in Ottawa a lot. I've often said that if I had to live in a big city, it could be Ottawa. Thirty years ago, nothin was open downtown after hours, especially during the week - nobody lived there. Trying to find anything open was a trick unless it was one of the political party hangouts. Towards the end of my working life, more people were living there and it was actually fairly vibrant.

I never lived there but worked in Ottawa a lot. I've often said that if I had to live in a big city, it could be Ottawa. Thirty years ago, nothin was open downtown after hours, especially during the week - nobody lived there. Trying to find anything open was a trick unless it was one of the political party hangouts. Towards the end of my working life, more people were living there and it was actually fairly vibrant.
I lived downtown for three years( 2006-9) kitty-corner from NDHQ. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

🍻

Don't sell Vanier short, we have or fair share of murder and assault.
There have been a few in Orleans recently, but seems very targeted against some pill dealers; I guess they like to live out in the Burbs

Back