• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Festive Holidays and Processing

armyca08

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not sure how similar the CF is to other employers government organizations etc.. The Holidays this December and New Years has me wonder if this will effect processing etc..

----
Eg. Are people who are at the medical stage going to be delayed? Is there a date when the holidays will start slowing the processing due to holiday leave for christmas etc...?

While most units in the CF do have a "block leave" period over the holidays, most places maintain minimum manning to continue work.  That's not to say that things won't slow down a bit, however, they shouldn't come to a complete halt either.

Recruiting takes a block leave period just like any other CF unit not on operations therefore expect all CFRC/Ds and CFRG to be closed from around the 20th of Dec until the 5th of Jan with a week of minimum manning one week before and after the block leave period.  Therefore, no processing will be done during the block leave period.

kincanucks said:
Recruiting takes a block leave period just like any other CF unit not on operations therefore expect all CFRC/Ds and CFRG to be closed from around the 20th of Dec until the 5th of Jan with a week of minimum manning one week before and after the block leave period.  Therefore, no processing will be done during the block leave period.

I heard last week (at the CSM's O Gp) that the Recruiting Centre in Ottawa will be open over the holiday period (not including stat holidays).  This was from the Sgt who works there.

The centres and detachments will be closed from Christmas Eve until 4 January.  Personnel will be taking leave around this period as well but the locations will be open and conducting recruiting.

I guess its a good thing my application was finalized earlier this week then.  ;D

Back