• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Favorite Posting in Canada

If you could choose any posting in canada (out of the wings) what would it be?

• Total voters
CDN Aviator said:
Oh and did i forget the apple blossom festival and the Kingston Steer BBQ ?

Fun stuff

Yes, and you neglected to mention the pumpkin people! Come on, now...don't make me get out my pictures!!  ;D

Celticgirl said:
Is that the one by the Tim's right off the highway? I had dinner there once...it was nice. :)

Try staying there for a night and get back to me......

Greenwood does also have the Zedex as well...gotta love the Zedex!!

Oh yes the Zedex theatre. I hope you are not counting on that to make the area look good. At least its brand new.

One more thing i forgot........"the big scoop" on the way to Middleton. Another fine dinning establishement. Middleton, what an awesome city........NOT !!!

If you stand in the middle of Greenwood / Kingston and throw a rock in any direction you will hit 2 things. Can anyone guess what they are ?

CDN Aviator said:
Just decreases the chances of me ever having to go back there.

Sorry bro - FWSAR isn't coming online fast enough to save you from a trip to the Ditch.  All MAG eventually migrate there....  :crybaby:

Zoomie said:
Sorry bro - FWSAR isn't coming online fast enough to save you from a trip to the Ditch.  All MAG eventually migrate there....   :crybaby:

As you know i'm well aware of that. Thank god, there are options i can present to the CM. The changes to the trade structure will make that more possible. But if i get a message for ZX, i will go and make the best of it. Theres a job there that i like but wish it wasnt in ZX.

"CYZX : Sucking the fun out of flying since 1942"

Anyone want to talk about the other bases

Cold lake, Winnipeg, Pat Bay, Yellowknife,etc....

mummiebear5 said:
Am I correct in saying that Wainwright would not top the list?

Well, i'm not sure. This is located in the AF forum and theres no AF units based in Wainwright.

Pat Bay has to be near the top of the list, it's far enough away from 12 Wing, and 30 (no harassment from the fish heads) minutes away from CFB Esquimalt.

Plus it qualifies for commuting assistance!

Just got posted to Cold Lake in February, it's not that bad of a place if you have a family.  Being single kinda sucks not much of a night life, sidewalks are rolled up at 11 and everyone goes to bed.  If you like the outdoors it's great, tons of trails to quad or hike and plenty of fishing spots.  Being from Montreal the town itself leaves a little to be desired, but it's growing fast.

Quiet Riot said:
but it's growing fast.

Was only in Cool Pool once or twice and it wasnt what i expected. The Outrider steak house was a bit pricey but the food was really good. My advice to anyone moving up there is buy a truck or SUV as the streets are murder on a car LOL.

Oh and i was amused by the fact that the "Camel's Toe" has changed name  ;D

mummiebear5 said:
Am I correct in saying that Wainwright would not top the list?

Like other places, appreciating Wainwright depends on who you are talking to... a big hint though is when so many people leave the base to have a good time over the weekend in some other town... 

Greymatters said:
a big hint though is when so many people leave the base to have a good time over the weekend in some other town... 

And when that "some other town" is 2-3 hours away, you know its bad.

Winnipeg is actually much better than I anticipated.  When I was posted there I thought "Oh dear....  What am I getting into"  But when I started living there, I started loving it.  There is a lot to do, it's a decent sized town and there is everything you need!  Plus, one of the World's best beaches is not too far!  Yes winters are cold and windy, but summers are nice and warm.  And the sun sets pretty late!  Anyways, good memories from Winnipeg as I'm headed to Cold Lake...

Surprisingly, I also liked Moose Jaw.  I spent a year and a bit there and no, there isn't much in Moose Jaw itself, but Regina is 45 minutes away and Saskatoon 2hrs north.  Didn't miss of anything... I guess I'm not hard to satisfy...  And without a question the best mess in the CF (bar-wise).

Max

Max ,

I rather enjoyed my time in Winnipeg as well. Like you, i was anticipating different.

Winnipeg is growing on me as well.  I went through the -45C winter and as they say, it's a dry cold (which is actually different than a damp cold.)  In the summer though, everything comes alive (literally and figuratively) and the parks/festivals are great.  Grand Beach was already touched on, and imagine my surprise the first time I was there!

It actually pisses me off that Winnipeggers put down their city more than anyone else; only city that I've been to where people from one part of the city can live there for 20 years and not know the rest of it (or care to).

As for Pat Bay...can't beat the weather and the views of the Island.  However...crazy house prices, crazy gas prices, crazy-long drives to work thanks to crazy house prices...all definitely making me re-think my 1st choice.

Winnipeg would not be a bad posting at all, a big city with pretty much everything (better than Shearwater or Greenwood IMHO). 

Dimsum said:
As for Pat Bay...can't beat the weather and the views of the Island.  However...crazy house prices, crazy gas prices, crazy-long drives to work thanks to crazy house prices...all definitely making me re-think my 1st choice.

I live in Duncan and it took me a hour (or more) everyday to get down to Pat Bay, with the price of gas it was a kick in the junk for sure.  Even the houses up this way are expensive now (they are pricey all over the island), if I had been posted to Pat Bay permanently I would have looked at moving closer to Victoria. 

Welcome to
Greenwood Flight Centre

http://www.flygfc.com/

14 Wing Greenwood - Clubs
Archery Club
Ceramics Club
Fun & Fitness Aerobics
Greenwood Amateur Radio Club
Greenwood Bowling Centre
Greenwood Curling Club
Greenwood Dolphins Swim Club
Greenwood Military Christian Fellowship
Greenwood Rod & Gun Club
Lake Pleasant Camper's Club

http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/14wing/community/clubs_e.asp

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Winnipeg would not be a bad posting at all, a big city with pretty much everything (better than Shearwater or Greenwood IMHO). 

Except a CANEX!    :D

And of course you all forgot the most desirable posting for the air types.....

NDMC Ward 3..... Or whatever it's called now...... ;D

Back