• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Ex Black Watch Cadets from the 60 and 70's

bwatch

Inactive
Reaction score
Looking for former Cadets from the 60 and 70's who were in the Black Watch.
e-mail to: vangary2002@yahoo.ca

bwatch said:
Looking for former Cadets from the 60 and 70's who were in the Black Watch.
e-mail to: vangary2002@yahoo.ca

My grandpa was black watch during that time...by cadets, do you mean Ocdt's?

popnfresh said:
Cadets... not old enough to be reserve or reg...

No. Ocdt is short for Officer Cadet. Ask any cadet corp

bwatch said:

No. Ocdt is short for Officer Cadet. Ask any cadet corp

I think geo knows the difference.

His answer was to this question.

popnfresh said:

O gosh, I had missread.

A Cadet is between the age of 12 to about 18. For most, it is the first step in a career with the Canadian Forces. Most move into the Reserves and some into the Reguler Force. When you apply for any of the two, your training as a Cadet will make things easier then someone with non at all.  Now to get to where I missread. Ocdt stands for Officer Cadet, this is an Officer in a Cadet Corp.

I hope this helps this time.  I recently had open heart surgery and sometimes don't think straight

bwatch said:
O gosh, I had missread.

A Cadet is between the age of 12 to about 18. For most, it is the first step in a career with the Canadian Forces. Most move into the Reserves and some into the Reguler Force. When you apply for any of the two, your training as a Cadet will make things easier then someone with non at all.  Now to get to where I missread. Ocdt stands for Officer Cadet, this is an Officer in a Cadet Corp.

I hope this helps this time.  I recently had open heart surgery and sometimes don't think straight

Not entirely true, it is also used to denote an Officer in the CF who has yet to be Commissioned.

bwatch said:
Now to get to where I missread. Ocdt stands for Officer Cadet, this is an Officer in a Cadet Corp.

No. An Officer Cadet is a member of the reg force who is not yet qualified (not yet completed BMOQ and/or University degree.) I believe an Officer in a Cadet Corp is a CIC (Cadet Instructors Cadre) officer.

Edit: Sapper, I don't think it applies to both. There are by definition no officers in Cadets, only CIC IIRC.

benny88 said:
  No. An Officer Cadet is a member of the reg force who is not yet qualified (not yet completed BMOQ and/or University degree.) I believe an Officer in a Cadet Corp is a CIC (Cadet Instructors Cadre) officer.

Not quite. An Officer Cadet can be a reservist or CIC. They have yet to complete their training and earn their commission.

Whoops, very true, my bad. You're all over me today Islander, with a name change to boot! In my defense, I haven't yet had the pleasure to meet a reservist OCdt, but I know they're out there.

I guess all one of us can do is call up a unit and get an answer right from the horses mouth as we all seem to have a different version.

I was in the Cadets way back in the 1960's. In those days, an Officer Cadet was just that, an Officer in a Cadet Corp and no such a thing as CIC but we did have Cadet Leader Instructers "CLI".  To be a CLI you would have to have a very good attendance record and would have had to have gone to a  6 week camp already then to CLI camp. CLI was the first step one took back then to move up in rank from Pvt to Cpl and on up.  A Cadet could move on up in rank to RSM, Lft and Capt'n and CO of the Cadet Corp

Officer Cadet is a rank held by military  or Army cadets during their training to become commissioned officers. The term Officer Trainee is used interchangeably in some countries. Some countries refer to naval officer cadets as midshipmen, although in other countries this means something slightly different.

When we went to Camp, the Officers came to us from the Regs mostly and they where part of the Cadet Services of Canada.

Many things have changed since my days of being in.  NCO was a Non Commissioned Officer

benny88 said:
Whoops, very true, my bad. You're all over me today Islander, with a name change to boot! In my defense, I haven't yet had the pleasure to meet a reservist OCdt, but I know they're out there.

Back