• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Every Marine Into The Fight

tomahawk6

Army.ca Legend
Inactive
Reaction score
I expect the Army will follow suit out of necessity. Way too many soldiers who have not deployed for a variety of reasons.

http://www.marinetimes.com/news/2007/01/mcalmarweb070119/

The Corps’ 66,000 leathernecks who have not yet deployed to Iraq — more than one-third of the active-duty force — are now on-deck for combat, according to a new policy issued by the Corps’ top commander Jan. 19.

According to Defense Department data, there were about 218,000 total active-duty Marine deployments to Afghanistan or Iraq as of Sept. 30. Of those deployments, less than half have deployed only once, and about 56,000 deployed twice or more.

We, too, are in the same boat.  Soldier "A" has five tours, while Soldier "B", at the same rank in the same trade, has no tours.  Why is that (he asks rhetorically)?

Our revised Universality of Service regulations state, in a nuthsell, that if you're not deployable then you're not employable. (I can't provide a link right now as the buildings in which the DND/CF servers reside is down for fire safety testing.)

The system can understand and should accept that a soldier may DAG RED for one tour in 20 years, but not every tour.

I think because of the problem of what unit "deployable" soldiers are in.  As an officer told me, "If'n y'all'r in a static or HQ unit, you ain't goin' nowhare, boy".  I'm single, too old to have kids, and would kiss someone's ass to go over.  Not a chance.

Cheers.

Redneck said:
     I think because of the problem of what unit "deployable" soldiers are in.  As an officer told me, "If'n y'all'r in a static or HQ unit, you ain't goin' nowhare, boy".  I'm single, too old to have kids, and would kiss someone's ass to go over.  Not a chance.
     Cheers.

Not true. H & S Co personnel are treated the same as everyone else with the same qualifications.

Redneck said:
     I think because of the problem of what unit "deployable" soldiers are in.  As an officer told me, "If'n y'all'r in a static or HQ unit, you ain't goin' nowhare, boy".  I'm single, too old to have kids, and would kiss someone's *** to go over.  Not a chance.

Cheers.

I guess they would rather send the married ones with 3 kids...  ::)

A big part of the force are married, if you exempt married people we wouldnt be able to fight. Flip side is the military profession isnt for you if you are afraid to go to war.

Back