• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Do you want to go to Afghanistan ? Do you need troops for Afghanistan?

Hockeycaper

Inactive
Reaction score
In my current position in the Ottawa area I see lots of soldiers NCM's wishing and wanting to be deployed to Afghanistan ( Me included ). I also meet lots of Officers complaining there are no soldiers willing to be deployed. I also see troops coming through, who are being deployed in under two weeks and need to qualify on everything!!!!
Alot of this may be just "lip service" from both sides ...So I propose we try and get the two sides on the same page.
If you need soldiers for deployment come here and direct them to the proper tasking letters, sites ,etc , etc.(They may not know where or how to find this info.)
I realise I may get lots of people compaining about OPSEC and actual number of soldiers (in the NCR) fit enough to be deployed. But the Mods will keep an eye on that I am sure.
Now lets just give it a try and see how it develops. To the Mods I have already run this past Mike on PM and he said to give it a try.

It'd be nice to see a list of people who are up for it.

Make sure to include your trade and DAG status.

Ex:

I am a QL5 qualified Sig Op, Dagged green, and able to deploy anytime, anywhere

I would go in a second..

MCPL, LCIS - dag green.

but, I guess getting "stuck" in ottawa has put a damper on me going overseas again.

Cheers,

In a heart beat

Padre - Dag red (requires 1 more CF req for trade)  :(

Could someone clarify DAG?

For myself Pte, Infantry, wanting to go anytime anywhere.

Basically, are you ready to deploy.

Have you had your shots? (green, yellow, or red)
do you have a passport (Green, yellow or red)

Once you're green, good to go. Yellow, almost, Red, can't go

Sig_Des said:
Basically, are you ready to deploy.

Have you had your shots? (green, yellow, or red)
do you have a passport (Green, yellow or red)

Once you're green, good to go. Yellow, almost, Red, can't go

Boy, am I glad someone asked...I didn't know either...thanks  :)

Willing to go back once I've been back home for a year... (Don't want to waiver it, because I want to get at least *some* experience in my civvie job before I go back over)

Want to be deployed,have not deployed to Afganistan yet.
Posted to school.
Dag green.

Back