• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Discussion on Israeli Strategy

even then, it won't be a cessation of hostilites. It'll be the ref pinning one guy's arms while the other keeps slugging away.

Meanwhile Hezbollah will be stockpiling, resting, planning, trying to win and regain more hearts and minds, and getting g'd up for the next onslaught. The can of worms has just been cracked, not even the lid has come off.

I say Israel should ignore the UN and go in even harder. There is a cancer out there, and the Chemo is now turned off, so it will again grow in power (in this case hatred too).

WEs

best case scenario I can foresee is France leads with La Legion, Hizbollah pisses them off, and they clean house. If they do send the Legion, and Hizbollah takes a shot at one of them, they will go snakey. The Legion's first loyalty is to the Legion.

This would achieve the same objective, without Israel further damning itself in the biased eyes of the UN.

Oh they did eh.  I had no idea/wasn't sure given how they are put together et al.
And your right they don't put up from too much crap from what little I have heard on them.

paracowboy makes a good point.  Perhaps France being the lead nation in this force is a good thing.  For all of the duplicitous reputation that the Quai d'Orsay holds, one thing that is really admirable about how France operates is that they always act in what they consider their national interest to be.

A French force that comes under fire typically reacts overwhelmingly (one might even say disproportionately  ;D ), without the constraints that Americans usually feel.  For a case in point, look at Cote d'Ivoire, where a company level skirmish resulted in the complete destruction of that nation's airforce.

Back