• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Director of photography killed, movie director injured after Alec Baldwin discharged prop firearm

More with the guns and entertainment. At the last 4 seconds, look closely…

Sassy Taylor Swift GIF by One Chicago

One more time, shall we?

In today's news,

Alec Baldwin goes to trial in July.
Sentence confirmed ....

Charges against Baldwin have been dismissed due to a failure by prosecutors to disclose exculpatory evidence. Apparently this came out in a rather savage defense cross examination. It was an egregious enough failing, and in front of the jury, that the case has been dismissed with prejudice. Done done.

It means the prosecution did not disclose evidence which may have proven he was not at fault.
Does that mean they hid the evidence from the defense too? I thought the prosecutors have to share everything they have with the defense.

Does that mean they hid the evidence from the defense too? I thought the prosecutors have to share everything they have with the defense.

You're right... which is why he gets off on a technicality or, IOW, 'dodged a bullet' ;)

U.S. judge dismisses charges against Alec Baldwin in fatal Rust film set shooting​

Defence alleges police hid evidence in cinematographer Halyna Hutchins's death​

It’s my understanding the prosecution must disclose evidence for the prosecution and evidence that favours the defendant, FJAG needs to clarify that for us.

It’s my understanding the prosecution must disclose evidence for the prosecution and evidence that favours the defendant, FJAG needs to clarify that for us.
In the U.S., yes they must disclose anything that’s directly exculpatory, or that weapons the evidence of the prosecution. You’ve got it essentially right. In Canada it’s more stringent still; we have to disclose everything relevant.

In the U.S., yes they must disclose anything that’s directly exculpatory, or that weapons the evidence of the prosecution. You’ve got it essentially right. In Canada it’s more stringent still; we have to disclose everything relevant.
The defence too since Marie Heinens Gomeshi case I think (?)

Back