• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Degree in College

fleeingjam

Inactive
Reaction score
If i were to take a bachelors four year degree program at a canadian community college, would that count towards or rather qualify me for an officer's entry plan? I tried searching but couldn't find anything on this one.

- Thanks
- Syed

Hmmm....

I've never heard of  a four year degree at a Community College.  Are you sure you have your information right? Is it a bachelors degree? You usually get diplomas or certificates at community colleges.  However, if it is a degree from a recognized institution you should be fine. 

You are best to visit a recruiting centre to make sure.  Also, hold tight and Kincanucks or someone else might be able to address your problem.

Good Luck

Yeah its a Bachelor of Applied Information Science (BAISc) - Information Systems Security , 4 year program offered at Sheridan College..just to clarify.

:cdn:

You should definately talk to the recruiting centre to see if that degree will be recongized first.

For Usman_Syed:  The proferred advice about asking a recruiting centre is definitely the way to go.  You should keep in mind that just because an accredited college offers a degree does not necessarily mean that the degree is acceptable to the CF.  This is especially true with newer programs.  As your program is only a couple of years old you should verify with the recruiters that it is acceptable.

Quag said:
I've never heard of  a four year degree at a Community College.

There are many colleges across the country that offer degrees.  Most of them are 4-year applied degrees (where one of the years is a work practicum), but more and more frequently you can find straight 4-year degrees available that are considered equivalent to university degrees.  Grant Macwean College (a community college) in Edmonton is an excellent example of this.

Well first off stop calling them community colleges which they haven't been for some time now and secondly yes if the college is accredited with the provision to grant degree then that degree will be acceptable for most officer occupations.  However, any final decision would be up to officer production in CFRG so go to your local CFRC/D and ask them to send a query to CFRG as to whether the degree and the school where it was/will be granted would be acceptable for the officer occupation you are interested in.

kincanucks said:
Well first off stop calling them community colleges which they haven't been for some time now
  College of Applied Arts and Technology or Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning takes to long to say.

Back