• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CT's and redoing basic

greenhorn

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Another question, someone just told me that regardless of the 8 wks of Reserve basic and SQ, I will complete in  Shilo this summer, when I am ready for Reg force I will have to redo my basic/SQ and do it for the whole 11 wks each or how ever long it is by that time.  Is this maybe trade or element specific?  Is this maybe only the case if I remuster at the time of my CT?

it depends on how much time in you have, i was in for 4 years with mods 2-5 of PLQ complet and i have to do my battle school (infantry course) over again, which i'm doing right now :)

I think updated training is great whatever you are doing...cause repetition is the best tool to learn by...

HL

It depends on your time in and experience.

I've seen people taken at par and other reduced or start over.

Happens in all trades.  Hey, I re-did basic after 10 years after being
a MCpl... and sent to officer basic.  I got paid to do what I already knew
and there was no way around it cause it was a Padre basic... no choice.

Easiest course of my life (I would hope so) after being in for 10 years.

Now, If I go regs, I will have to re do my Chap Botc again.. because they
want me to (cause i did Chap Res, not the reg force one).  It happens, we
redo courses for someone's amusement.

greenhorn said:
Another question, someone just told me that regardless of the 8 wks of Reserve basic and SQ, I will complete in  Shilo this summer, when I am ready for Reg force I will have to redo my basic/SQ and do it for the whole 11 wks each or how ever long it is by that time.  Is this maybe trade or element specific?  Is this maybe only the case if I remuster at the time of my CT?

If your are infantry, and you CT to reg infantry, unless you have been in for some time or done a tour, you will do battle school, and even if you had the option not to, it is in your best interest to go to battle school. 

'Put me in coach"...biting at the bit to get goin' on any training...I would be grateful to be on a course now or any time soon  :salute:

HL

Back