• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Criteria to join......

G

Grayzie

I've been living abroad for the best part of 5 years due to my mother marrying a British man.  I am coming home this summer and want to join the Army.  What is the criteria to join, IE bmi what's in the fitness test, just the basics,
Thanks  :)

You must meet the following minimal conditions:
be a Canadian citizen (if you have a permanent resident status, you may still be considered eligible for employment under certain conditions)
be at least 17 years of age (16 for the Reserves and Military College) with parental/quardian consent for minors
have successfully completed Grade 10 (Sec III in Quebec); some entry programs have additional academic prerequisites;
pt test 19 push ups, 18 sit ups and step test

hope this helps

http://www.recruiting.dnd.ca/engraph/faq/index_e.aspx

try this as well

When you apply you will also be subjected to a security clearance check.   Since you lived outside of Canada, this can take up to 13 months. So after you return, it is in your best interest to start the process as soon as possible as you could be waiting a long time.

Since you are in the UK for 5 years, are you aware that you can join with the British Forces? You would not have such a long waiting period as you have lived there for so long.

I've been living abroad for the best part of 5 years due to my mother marrying a British man.  I am coming home this summer and want to join the Army.
Seriously, from what I hear, you better be prepared to wait a long time for your security clearance.

Back